Technical Account Manager
CUSTOMER SUCCESS MANAGEMENT
PointClickCare is the leading cloud-based software provider for the senior care market in North America. Driven by a passion for innovation and technology, we’re building solutions that have a true impact on people’s lives. Recently named one of Deloitte’s fastest growing technology companies and Canada’s best managed companies, PointClickCare provides vast opportunities and a great culture for our employees. PointClickCare is a dynamic environment to advance your career while performing meaningful work with great people.
Reporting to the Director, Customer Success, the Technical Account Manager is a trusted business adviser that is responsible for providing premier service to customers through PointClickCare’s Technical Account Management (TAM) program. Through this program, they are responsible for managing the technical health of their customers through exemplary service delivery, planning and execution. This position can be located remotely or in our Mississauga office,
- Providing an excellent customer experience for assigned accounts by anticipating, identifying and resolving issues
- Providing answers to customer inquiries and managing a diverse and complex scope of support issues that go beyond help desk questions
- Managing customer incidents/issues through to full resolution
- Ensuring issues and questions identified in preview are addressed to customers’ satisfaction
- Serving as an escalation point for customers during implementation and on high priority support cases
- Execute database refresh and custom data service requests for subscribed customers
- Establishing and maintaining relationships internally with implementation, account management, customer support and product teams and externally with key customer contacts
- Communicating regularly with customers to evaluate satisfaction and proactively identify upcoming needs
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships
- Maintaining CRM and other relevant customer account information
- Developing action plans in collaboration with the Customer Success Manager
- Removing roadblocks toward achieving customer-specific action plans
- Coordinating cross-departmental resources where deemed necessary to remove roadblocks on issues
- Providing customer feedback and potential opportunities to relevant internal groups
- Prioritizing customer requests in conjunction with the Product group
- Travelling to assigned TAM accounts within their portfolio and providing on-site assistance to resolve issues as required
- Minimum of 3-5 years in a customer-facing technical support role
- Experience dealing with large customers and complex support issues
- Strong customer orientation and service skills
- Proven ability to build rapport, trust and respect with customer contacts
- Ability to handle difficult conversations with tact and effectiveness
- Ability to prioritize issues based on customer needs and internal objectives
- Demonstrated ability to complete multiple tasks concurrently and deliver results under pressure
- Strong project and organizational skills
- Ability to influence, coordinate and interact with multiple parties internally and externally
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
Account Management Functional/Technical Competencies:
Interpersonal Influence: Must demonstrate that they know their way around their customer organization. Also should have the ability to foster strong professional relationships and have a strong presence interacting at all levels up to, and including the executive level. Are able to subtly and sensitively influence others and quickly gain buy-in and use relevant facts and figures when possible. This is accomplished through the ability to handle difficult questions/concerns credibly and by getting others involved in mutually beneficial decision making.
Customer Centric: Able to drive a customer-focused culture. Understands industry pressures and their impact on customer businesses. Anticipates and address customer needs, and gathers and shares their feedback within PointClickCare.
Consulting Skills: Know where to find the best contacts with the organizations they are working with. Able to identify a customer’s true motivation, understand their processes and identify their needs, as well as quality the urgency of those needs before proposing solutions. Apply and utilize business review tools and investigate reasons for clients’ product concerns, utilizing logical reasoning to address their concerns and to find creative alternatives. Ensure that customers receive accurate and timeline communication that is delivered with energy and enthusiasm, and that effectively explains the features and benefits of our offerings.
Organizational Effectiveness: Able to equip themselves organizationally by staying in the loop on organization culture and policies, building alliances, and by demonstrating a high level of self-awareness. Work with others to understand internal and issues and know when issues require immediate resolutions. Get buy-in and support without using authority, by involving others in processes or decision, and by understand their motivations. Understand all solution options, tailor their own solutions options to their audience, and work with others to see the potential iin all alternative decisions.
Strategic Planning: Acts as the customer’s primary advisor by understanding their business, and by anticipating, helping them prioritize, and ultimately helping them meet their needs. Knows when a customer is satisfied or not, calmly handling and escalating any customer issues. Advocates for their clients, ensuring that their product issues are proceeding, while at the same time they must be able to deliver hard messages and manage their expectations.
Working at PointClickCare goes beyond the resume, because the work we perform makes a true difference in people’s lives. We build innovative healthcare technology for seniors and their caregivers that improve their quality of life and well-being on a daily basis. We believe work is so much more meaningful when you’re doing it with a higher purpose.
For more information on PointClickCare, please visit us on Glassdoor and LinkedIn.
It is the policy of PointClickCare to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. PointClickCare welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.