Team Lead, Technical Writing at A Cloud Guru
Team Lead, Technical Writing
Austin, TX or Remote (US only)
The Team Lead, Technical Writing Role
EDUCATE | MENTOR | CONNECT
The Technical Writing Team Lead needs to be an excellent people leader who understands the tech writing and cloud space well. You’ll help the technical writing team prioritise their tasks, work effectively together and make blockers disappear! You’ll also mentor team members and help them grow so they can continue to develop awesome learning content alongside our content creators (Training Architects). A passion for education is key so if you’re a people leader who has worked for a learning org before or keen to make the change then this is the role for you!
Hello, we’re A Cloud Guru
Our friends call us ACG.
A Cloud Guru was built by engineers for everyone, everywhere. Here, you’ll have the freedom to follow your curiosity. We’re not afraid to just try, because when you’re working with cutting edge technologies, experimentation and trying out new ideas have to be encouraged and celebrated. Everyone on our team genuinely cares about our students, the quality of their education, and what that can mean for their careers and their lives.
Our engineers are building the world’s largest (and most awesome) cloud learning platform. Why? Our mission is to teach the world to cloud. Our fun, practical courses have helped over 1.5 million people learn to cloud, and we’re just getting started.
What makes the Content Team awesome…
Who says learning something technical has to be a snooze? With a human touch, the world’s leading cloud gurus, and a few LEGO bricks, we’re giving people the skills they need to move up in their careers and change their lives… and having a bit of fun along the way.
Based on the latest learning techniques and infused with humor, our content is more than meets the eye, transforming novices into gurus faster than robots turn into semi trucks. To get our students on top of the cloud, we have to get there ourselves. We dedicate time each week to continued learning – from getting certs to brushing up on presentation skills.
- Be the expert. You will be appreciated for upholding our content quality standards.
- Be the advocate. Be the voice of our students and a sounding board for the company.
- Be values driven. Work where people are valued, and we do right by our customers.
- Change people’s lives. Give people the education that helps them improve their lives.
We’re given the freedom to try things out, and set our own agenda, and leave our mark on the company. – Nick, Lead Educational Design Architect
As a Team Lead, Technical Writing at ACG, you’ll get to:
- Guide and prioritize the workflow of your team
- Coach your team to develop their skills and progress their careers
- Oversee innovative content development and ensure editorial excellence
- Develop technical writing processes and practices
- Develop your knowledge of cutting edge technology
We are looking for someone who can:
- Build strong working relationships with stakeholders across teams
- Effectively plan and prioritise workflow to meet deadlines for concurrent projects
- Champion you team’s abilities and needs so that they feel supported and aligned
What you bring to the table
We focus on hiring values aligned people, because we believe the right person can learn all the things to be successful in their role. Self-confidence plays a big part in what you apply for. We encourage all job applicants to apply even if they are nervous to do so. College degrees aren’t required for any roles, and career gaps or switches are totally welcome.
- 1+ years of experience leading and developing teams
- Experience working with technical documentation
- Experience working with a training or education-focused organisation
- Familiarity with public cloud, DevOps and/or Linux technologies
We want the people who care about doing a good job. The ones who have the humility and hunger to learn. – Sam Kroonenburg, Co-Founder and CEO
More than a job
Where you work isn’t just a career decision — it’s a life decision. We get it. That’s why we want all of our Gurus to feel a sense of belonging that comes from feeling supported in all areas of their lives. Everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers, so we offer perks and benefits to make work, work better for you.
- 4 weeks PTO, plus 10 sick days, and holidays. Whether it’s hiking to a waterfall in Costa Rica or bonding with your couch, we all need downtime. All Gurus get four weeks paid time off, 10 sick days, and enough holiday to make a banker blush.
- Let’s get lunch. Lunches are catered three times per week, and our kitchen stays stocked with a smorgasbord of the team’s most requested snacks and drinks.
- Parking is on us. We have your Downtown parking covered. We offer paid garage parking nearby the office. We also have perks for going green by walking and taking public transit.
- We’ve got you covered. We offer insurance plans that pay for 100% of your medical, dental, and vision, and 80% for your family/dependents.
- Gender-neutral paid parental leave. Expanding your family? We offer 12 weeks of gender-neutral paid parental leave, and reimburse up to $10,000 for eligible adoption expenses.
- $1,000 continuing education budget. All Gurus get $250 a quarter to spend on personal development, and 2 hours each week reserved for learning something new.
What’s the interview process like at ACG?
Applying for a job can feel intimidating and like a full-time job of its own. You shouldn’t have to burn through a week of sick time or all your best out-of-office excuses just to put feelers out for a new career opportunity. We want to be as transparent about the process as possible to help ease your mind. It’s our goal to provide you a fair, efficient interviewing experience that respects you and your time — and to do it all with a sidecar of delight.
Once you submit an application, we’ll review it. If you’re a good fit, you’ll have an initial chat with a recruiter over the phone. A phone interview with a manager typically follows. Depending on your role, you might then be asked to do a little homework (but nothing too time consuming). Then we’ll schedule a Zoom call to meet other members of the team, answer any questions you have, and give you a feel for what it’s really like to work at ACG. If you’re on the fence, just give it a try.
Keep being awesome, Cloud Gurus.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!