Team Lead, Customer Service at Hopper
Team Lead, Customer Service
- United States /
- Ground – Customer Service Delivery /
At Hopper, we’re on a mission to build the most customer-centric travel company on earth. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing mobile first travel marketplace — one that enables our customers to save money and travel better.
Hopper’s goal is to reduce traveler anxiety throughout all stages of the trip buying and taking process. By creating a transparent travel marketplace and unique, data-driven financial technology products focused on providing peace-of-mind, Hopper adds value along each step of the customer’s journey.
Hopper has launched several bespoke fintech products that leverage our immense first and third-party data to create products and value that do not exist elsewhere – including Refundable and Flexible Tickets and Price Freeze. Thanks to these offerings, Hopper’s revenue growth is up 112% despite the travel slowdown due to COVID-19.
With over $250M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration to becoming the world’s fastest-growing end-to-end customer-centric travel offering.
Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company three years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 50 million times and sees over 1 million new installs per month. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019.
Come take off with us!
Customer advocacy is at the heart of Hopper. We believe that every interaction before, during and after buying with Hopper should earn the customer’s trust and loyalty. We focus every company decision first on what’s best for our customers.
Customer service is an important driver of core business metrics, in particular retention and lifetime customer value. We measure the effectiveness of our work through this lens. We generate long-term revenue by providing services that customers value, and we will not charge fees or markups for support services that aren’t also available through a free self-serve feature.
The Customer Service Team Lead is vital in ensuring that we have the best possible support for Hopper’s Ground Transportation customers, and that the day to day operations of the team providing this support is advocated for and at peak performance.
Team Leads act as helpful experts for the agent team and Hopper users. As a Team Lead, you are passionate about the success of our globally distributed team of travel experts and the happiness of Hopper users. The ideal candidate will have material experience working with customers and a solid understanding of how to develop support workflows, as well as manage the support team’s day-to-day work.
You will also work closely with our Product team to ensure that the pain points our customers experience during their travel journeys, and how our products help or fall short of solving those pain points, are addressed and accounted for. Lastly, you will work as a coordination layer with the broader Customer Service organization within the business unit to evaluate and manage team performance and quality, implement new processes and features and support the launch of new lines of businesses.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Be the first boots on the ground to help customers and escalate issues to product leaders for any emerging issues
- Build, lead and drive performance for team members and help end-customers and customer service partners have an excellent service experience with Hopper
- Set clear service level goals and deliver results, providing regular feedback on performance while developing a high-performing team culture
- Build the organization using levers such as training, workforce planning and defining team processes and organizational needs for Hopper’s enterprise customers
- Participate in product development and service journey design for Hopper’s enterprise customers, report on contact drivers and irregular operations, propose and execute operational improvements to resolve them.
- Advocate for our customers at every step of the way to provide data-driven, actionable insights for our product teams.
- Work with key stakeholders across the organization in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
AN IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS:
- Demonstrable experience working in a customer service operational leadership role, preferably in Travel, SaaS and/or FinTech. Experience managing distributed teams and outsourced service providers is crucial
- At least two years of experience leading front-line teams to meet operational goals and targets
- At least three years of relevant experience working with GDSes (Sabre, Apollo, Amadeus)
- Enthusiasm and curiosity for conducting research and answering hard questions with data
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to create solutions for operational problems
- Passion for mentorship and people development
- Material experience in responding quickly and efficiently to organizational and operational changes
- Experience establishing clear KPIs and processes for reporting on SLAs and leverage analytics to empower data-driven decisions
- Figure-it-out, get-it-done attitude
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!