Teaching Assistant in Sociology – Online
- Remote / Nationwide
- Part Time
To create the optimal learning environment, the University relies on teaching assistants to support instructional faculty by interacting with students in online classrooms that have a large number of students.
We are currently in search of a passionate part-time Teaching Assistant to support our Online undergraduate level Sociology class.
NOTE: Applications must include copies of unofficial transcripts to receive full consideration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze student activity within discussions and assessments and choose the appropriate responses
- Accurately use the right type of responses based upon training and input from the master instructor
- Assist in managing generic student communications
- Utilize online learning platform (Blackboard) to communicate with students
- Escalate unique issues to the master instructor
- Assist with grading
- Monitor engagement levels and provide recommendations on the best approach on how to increase engagement duties as assigned
- Adhere to university policies and procedures
- Master’s degree in Sociology OR
- Master’s degree in any social science (Psychology or Education) with at least 12 graduate semester hours in Sociology.
- Previous teaching experience with adult learners
- Exhibits sound judgment in making decisions
- Ability to lead small group discussions
- Ability to keep accurate records
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have strong computer skills
- Access information using a computer
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain
- Effectively cope with stressful situations
- Strong mental acuity