Teaching Assistant, Challenger Programs at Southern New Hampshire University - SNHU
Teaching Assistant, Challenger Programs
Remote (United States)
One growing team. One powerful goal.
Ours is a dynamic environment where innovation is encouraged—and ideas are welcomed. We believe in one another’s potential, and we focus on creating a positive community where collaboration, belonging, and growth are valued.
SNHU employees are a team in every sense. Separately, we understand that each individual brings unique experiences, perspectives, and ideas to create a vibrant work environment. Together we share common values of honesty, acceptance, and accountability working as a unified force toward a common goal: to transform the lives of learners.
As a global leader in education, we strive for a workforce that reflects the individual differences of our learning community. We believe that our employees can be their best selves when they can be their true selves. Therefore, we are committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion in which all of our employees feel welcomed, valued, and empowered. We’re proud to have been recognized as a Great College to Work for by the Chronicle of Higher Education every year since its inception.
By joining our team, you join us in our vision. Together, we’ll shape the future of education by transforming lives—beginning with yours.
Here’s more information about the job you clicked on:
We offer exceptional benefits, many available starting on the first day of employment:
- Tuition Benefits with family offerings
- Option to save for retirement
- Professional Development opportunities
Southern New Hampshire University is currently seeking a teaching assistant to support our graduate Business Analytics program. The program consists of 10 courses in business strategy and financial modeling, data visualization, and analytics strategy and tools. The teaching assistant is required to have a working knowledge of analytics tools and technology, such as Excel, Tableau, Python, and SQL.
In this program, the teaching assistant helps the instructor facilitate standardized, pre-developed online courses. The teaching assistant must be available to attend twice-a-week synchronous online classes and office hours, in addition to asynchronous activities and outreach.
The teaching assistant’s primary areas of responsibility are grading and providing feedback on student work; supporting students during classroom breakout sessions and answering student questions outside of class; and assisting the instructor with course management and facilitation. The teaching assistant will also help the instructor build community in the classroom, facilitate course activities if the need arises, and assist with day-to-day tasks.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend 4 hours of class twice per week (two 2-hour classes) to support students as they complete exercises
- Attend live office hour sessions 30 minutes prior to class and 30 minutes following class
- Assist in the organization of classroom activities
- Facilitate classroom breakout activities
- Engage with students and build community
- Fill in for the faculty member as needed
- Offer students support via online channels — for roughly 1-3 hours per week
- Manage the learning environment content when needed
- Grade weekly homework assignments and projects using course rubrics
- Actively participate in discussion forums and other online communication channels
- Provide meaningful and timely feedback to students, academic advisors, and team leads in accordance with SNHU expectations and requirements
- Review and respond to communications from Challenger Programs team, Advising, and other members of the instructional team
- Attendance, punctuality, reliability, and regular presence are essential functions of this role
- Other duties, responsibilities, or activities may be assigned at any time with or without notice
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-4 years professional experience
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s degree program
- Subject Matter Expertise in Data Analytics & Data Science (Python for Data Analysis, Python Pandas, SQL)
- Able to work 16-20 hours per week
- Minimum of 1 year of teaching, training, or coaching in higher education.
- Subject Matter Expertise in Business Strategy (Microsoft Excel) and Data Visualization / Storytelling (Tableau, Business Intelligence, Dashboard Development)
- Support Instincts: Excellent Troubleshooting / Debugging, Ability to Explain Concepts Easily, Natural / Effusive Charisma, Passion for Supporting Students
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!