Teacher – Part-Time – ESL/Social Studies – Virtual
Fuel Education (FuelEd) is dedicated to providing flexible, personalized pre-K to 12th grade online learning solutions.
A Fuel Education’s Instructional teacher must be certified to teach in the United States. They must apply data-driven strategies and best practices that promote student achievement. Fuel Education teachers provide real-time support to students and focus on individual student needs while communicating student progress weekly with appropriate contacts.
As a Part-Time ESL/Social Studies Teacher, you will…
- Present scheduled weekly hours to students via live/real-time sessions in BRT time (Brasilia Time). Sessions times are predetermined with limited flexibility
- Successfully complete training within two weeks of hiring
- Actively participate in monthly data analysis meetings
- Provide students with rich and targeted feedback
- Adhere to client-specific requirements as specified by manager
- Complete additional trainings as required, including synchronous tools
- Learn curriculum of assigned course/s
- Adhere to client specific prescribed policies and procedures using appropriate asynchronous and synchronous tools
- Welcome students to course, communicate requirements, encourage participation, maintain scheduled synchronous office hours, monitor student pacing/progress through course
- Take ownership for student academic progress and show an active interest in student achievement
- Grade student work offering constructive feedback and maintain grade book
- Be prepared and on time for all live sessions
Get to know FuelEd!
- Learn more about FuelEd!
- Behind the Scenes
- A Day in the Life
Are you driven by excellence to deliver instruction, support and guidance, manage the learning process, and focus on students’ individual needs? If selected, you will participate in a comprehensive new teacher training program for three weeks before the start of school. It is an opportunity to meet colleagues and learn the responsibilities required for delivering curriculum in an online environment. During this training you will also learn how to monitor student progress through K12’s learning management system, and to be a partner actively working with students and parents to advance each child’s learning.
- ELL/ESL/ESOL experience
- Knowledge of the basics of the Portuguese language to understand the effects of language transfer on student pronunciation and overall English development
- Must be a native speaker of American English
- Minimum six (6) months of student teaching experience
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Must be open to shift work/Brazilian time zones 2PM-6PM or 5PM-9PM
- Online and synchronous instruction experience
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
- Candidates are required to have (and maintain) state certification with a high school Social Studies endorsement AND an ESL/ELL endorsement listed on their teaching license.
- Experience with ESL/ELL teaching and supporting adults and children in the use of technology
- Knowledge of incorporating language and content in an integrated way
- Master’s Degree
- Three (3) years of online teaching experience
WHO ARE WE?
- About Us
- K12 Produces Results
- Kudos and Honors
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.