Remote Tax Advisor: EA or CPA
- Full Time
Led by our CEO who was voted one of the country’s 50 best CEO’s in the United States by Glassdoor, 1800Accountant is the country’s largest virtual accounting firm serving over 40,000 clients.
1-800Accountant is changing the way business owners think about accessing accounting services. Our team-based model allows our members to utilize unlimited advisory services with well seasoned Enrolled Agents and CPA’s across the country. From entity selection to individual and business returns our clients are guided by top professionals and receive hands-on service.
Located in Midtown Manhattan, our staff is a diverse team of seasoned and growing career accountants.
Who you are:
- You are a Tax Accountant who LOVE’s TAX! You would do it just for the fun of it given the opportunity.
- You are up to date on the latest tax code and are thrilled to see what will happen next.
- In keeping with the mission of the company; you are eager to develop a trusted partner relationship and to focus on personalized service so that you can; understand your client’s business, analyze each scenario, and make personalized accounting advice.
- Whether its tax preparation or tax advisory, you are compelled to be the best at what you do. You seek answers to questions and are always continuing your education. You take responsibility for your actions and commitments.
- You are a top-notch communicator. You adhere to a consultative approach, always listening first with empathy so that you can earn your clients trust. You are comfortable building relationships and presenting information by phone and in writing.
- Problem-solving, analytic thinking and collaboration come naturally to you. You work to effectively transfer knowledge to others, both one on one and in a group. You are willing to both share your ideas and take direction.
- As a Tax Advisor, you are thrilled when your clients are successful!
Skills and Experience:
- Ability and interest in participating in a Remote/Virtual Accounting environment.
- BS Accounting or other relevant degree or combination of education and experience
- Enrolled Agent Licence and/or CPA Certification
- Prepare individual (1040) and business tax returns (1120,1120’s,1065) and associated schedules and financial statements
- Participation in preparing personal and business tax returns for a minimum of 2 tax seasons
- Proficiency in related technologies; spreadsheets, tax prep and bookkeeping software (Lacerte is a plus)
- Analytical: Collect and research data, synthesize complex and diverse information
- Organization: Design workflows and procedures to ensure deadlines are achieved
- Working knowledge of general business practices and ability to demonstrate business and financial acumen
- Ability to coach, train and assist in mentoring less experienced staff
- Experience advising business entities, tax preparation, payroll and bookkeeping
- Ability to manage a high volume of clients across verticals with poise