Tax & Accounting Manager at TL;DR:Accounting
TL;DR: Accounting is looking for a virtual tax and accounting manager to join our growing remote team. We specialize in working with therapy practices, and small business owners providing tax and accounting services.
As a Tax and Accounting manager at TL;DR, you will be providing year-round support for clients with taxes, bookkeeping, quarterly estimates, and business planning.
We are a results-based work environment and will be held accountable to Key Performance Metrics that measure your value to our clients. Some examples are the turnaround time of client questions, deliverable quality, and contributing to firm-wide projects.
The best applicants are those who:
- Are tired of working in a traditional firm that requires overtime hours
- Prefer ditching the commute to work remotely
- Look forward to working with flex time so they can spend more time with loved ones
- Most Important: You are a people person, who loves spending time talking with clients and keeping them in the loop.
We are looking for the right person — not to fill an empty seat with a warm body. This role involves leadership, teamwork, and being able to communicate well. You will be the main point of contact for the clients you’re assigned. You must answer all of their questions and keep documentation of client interactions in our tools. You will help supervise the team and provide technical expertise to the firm.
- Manage 3 to 4 staff members
- Teach new hires our processes
- Mentor direct out of school hires
- Prepare high-level tax returns
- Providing innovative tax planning and reviewing complex tax returns
- Act as the central point of contact for your clients with a 48-hour turn around time on email
- Proficiency with QuickBooks Online and Microsoft Office Suite (including Word and Excel [pivot tables])
- Familiarity with Google G Suite (Google Chrome, Google Docs) and Dropbox
- Capable and willing to work independently, with little guidance or supervision
- Work efficiently within project timelines to meet deadlines or provide deliverables ahead of such deadlines
- Comfortable collaborating virtually as part of a remote yet cohesive team
- You have your EA or CPA license
- You have excellent organizational skills, are self-motivated, and detailed-oriented
- You are excited to learn new skills and stay on top of continuing education
- You have supervised staff before
More Details about This Role:
- Access to your own wifi and cell phone are required.
- This is a remote position so being able to work virtually is important.
- Availability to work from 10 am to 1 pm PST for meetings.
- Traveling once a year to Seattle, WA for our firm retreat.
- This job description is subject to change.
- Compensation: Salary $70,000 to $90,000, bonus compensation structure on top of base pay, Retirement Plan, PTO & Sick Time
- This position has the potential for partner track
More Details about The Interview Process:
- Submit a resume and cover letter.
- Next is a 30-minute phone call, followed by a Slack interview, and two Video Interviews
- Pre-employment assessment on Accounting, QuickBooks, and Taxes.
- Reference Check
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!