Talent Recruiter at Octane AI
Talent Recruiter (Contract, Remote)
- OPERATIONS – RECRUITING
Octane AI is an all-remote and venture-backed startup seeking a contract Talent Recruiter. This is a an hourly, part-to-full time role that has the potential to turn into a full-time salaried position for the right person.
Octane AI is developing conversational AI technologies that reimagines online commerce. Publicly, Octane AI is the leading Facebook Messenger & SMS marketing platform for Shopify and Shopify Plus brands. Octane AI provides a unified platform for connecting, converting, and retaining customers. Octane AI’s current and upcoming products democratize personalization and automation technologies previously only available to multi-billion dollar corporations. Some of our investors include General Catalyst, Boost VC, and M Ventures.
You can be located anywhere in the world, but you must be able to work in a US timezone for this particular role.
You will work closely with the President & Co-founder, Ben Parr, and Operations Manager, Sarah Reisch.
- Managing our entire hiring pipeline from start to finish.
- Researching and scoring candidates for Octane AI’s open positions.
- Reaching out to top-tier candidates, outlining the vision and growth of the company, and convincing them to apply.
- Developing screening questions based off of the most important requirements.
- Screening candidates in first-round interviews, depending on the role, and scheduling follow-up interviews with team members.
- Drafting job descriptions based off the needs of the hiring manager and their teams.
- Posting jobs to various outlets and monitoring those outlets.
- Learning about our company and be able to speak about who we are, what we do, and what type of culture and environment we foster.
- Keeping candidates updated throughout the process.
Who You Are
- You are perhaps a freelancer or looking for your next opportunity and are interested in testing out the waters with us. We don’t have a set number of hours for this role, it will vary depending on the amount of work that needs to be done. Some weeks we’ll be hiring two people, other weeks, we may be hiring nine. We’re estimating this contract role will be needed for about two months, potentially longer.
- You have at least 2 years as a recruiter or relevant experience in operations assisting a company with hiring.
- You’re committed and dedicated. Although this is a contract role to start, we want someone who truly cares about recruiting, our mission, and making sure everyone who crosses our paths has a positive experience.
- You value culture and diversity. We are rallying around having as diverse of a team as possible. Someone who specializes in helping build a diverse team would be ideal.
- You are true people person. You love hopping on Zoom calls and get energized having interesting conversations with new people.
- Knowledge of job boards and recruiting strategies is a must.
- We use Lever as our ATS, Google Suite, and Slack, as a few of our core tools. Experience with any or all of these is preferred.
More about working at Octane AI
- We believe the happier you are, the more productive you and the team are. Being a remote company allows us to work from wherever we’d prefer. Spend your evenings and weekends with your family/friends/hobbies.
- We hate bureaucracy. Feel free to talk to anyone on the team.
- Your ideas are welcome. If you know how to improve our workflow, our product, our processes, don’t be shy to share it.
- In our weekly meetings, we do a fun thing called “fast parrot”. Everybody, including the CEO, is involved. It’s a little weird and fun at the same time, especially if you are doing a meeting from a public place.
- We iterate quickly. Projects generally take days or weeks, not months. We have a collaborative environment where you can share a work in progress and get feedback quickly. We like to get something in the hands of customer and get their feedback as quickly as possible.
- Don’t work if you are sick. It’s way better to rest and recover quicker than work at half power for a long time.
- If you feel you are stuck with a task don’t hesitate to ask for help. There are no stupid questions and nobody expects you to know everything.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!