Talent Management Specialist at FlexJobs
Talent Management Specialist
Remote: US only – CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, OK, PA, TN, TX, VA, WA
Who We Are
FlexJobs’ mission is to help people find the best remote and flexible jobs in an easier, safer, and faster way. We’ve been the leader in this space for over 14 years, and from day one have been committed to serving all of our stakeholders with integrity, intelligence, balance, communication, and care.
In terms of work flexibility, we also walk the talk. This is a remote job, as our entire team works remotely from locations all across the United States. Having a great company culture is really important to us and we’ve been named one of Outside magazine’s Best Places to Work (2019) and Best Company Culture by Entrepreneur magazine (2018, 2017, and 2015). To learn more about culture and our current team, you can visit our Careers and Team & Culture pages.
Responsibilities of the Job: The Opportunity
The People & Culture team is growing and looking for a skilled Talent Management Specialist that will help us in our mission to hire the best people and provide support for each employee to thrive in their work. This role will be responsible for supporting the talent management strategies and programs designed to attract, measure, develop, and retain our people. Reporting to the VP of People & Culture, this is a highly collaborative position that requires a high level of organization, emotional intelligence, a deep understanding of the employee life cycle, and being genuinely motivated by seeing others thrive in their work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the full recruiting cycle including partnering with the hiring manager, sourcing, screening, making offers, and onboarding. You will be the internal contact for all hiring activities, as well as the main contact for candidates, and the internal expert in Greenhouse.
- Collaborate with team and managers to support training and development plans on an organizational, team, and individual level. This includes managing trainings that are required by law, as well as development specific to FlexJobs and the various disciplines in our team.
- Understand, model, and support the mission and culture of FlexJobs. You’ll be a big part of helping people understand how we work, how they fit into the organization, and how to thrive in their role.
- Support functions related to performance management and the tools/processes used to communicate, measure, and track performance.
- Create & search for new and innovative approaches to activities that enhance performance.
- Ensures recruitment and employment practices follow company policies and procedures, as well as applicable employment law.
- Maintain required records and reports.
- Additional duties or responsibilities may be added as they relate to the employee life cycle.
Experience and Skills for This Role:
- 3-5 years of experience in talent management, recruiting, or talent acquisition
- Proven understanding of employee lifecycle management including best practices and strategies for each phase
- Excellent technical proficiency, including a strong ability to learn and train others on platforms as needed (Google Workspace, Slack, 15Five, and Greenhouse are big ones for us)
- Top-notch verbal and written communication skills, including willingness and ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- A keen understanding of the art & science of talent management
- A natural ability in presenting and speaking to groups with a friendly and informative approach
- Ability to build trust and be empathetic
- Resourceful and resilient, while able to acknowledge challenges and work to resolve them
- A solid understanding of current employment law and the ability to learn and stay current on recruiting trends
- Thrives in dynamic environments where prioritization is key
- Bonus points given for:
- Experience with Greenhouse and/or 15Five
- Visual design skills
Traits Required of All Team Members at FlexJobs:
- A sense of pride in your work
- A belief that the details matter…a lot
- Being highly mission-driven, responsible, and ethical
- Being proactive when it comes to asking questions, brainstorming, and working with colleagues
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with consistent follow-through
- An appreciation and enthusiasm for the ability to work remotely
- Interest in a long-term position with a company that you’re proud to be a part of
- A fully functioning home office, including high-speed internet access, a fast computer, and phone access
- A work environment that is quiet and one in which you can really focus without distractions
Benefits and Perks:
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- SIMPLE IRA with company match
- Flexible schedules and a generous time off policy
- Ability to work remotely
- Pay It Forward initiative (get paid to volunteer!)
- We offer many other supplemental benefits (critical illness, legal, etc) and stipends (office, wellness, professional development)
- Sustainable Office Perks
- Minimum annual salary: $50,000; offer will be based on several factors, including experience and location
We respond to all applicants, so please check your spam folder or configure your gmail settings to set our email as safe to be sure you are getting our communications.
If you are selected to move forward, you may be required to do a background check.
FlexJobs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees. As a part of this commitment, we have pledged to be an Open to All business.
FlexJobs is also a veteran- and military spouse-friendly employer. Our positions are perfectly structured for qualified candidates who meet this criterion and we have a workplace culture that supports their work and life.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!