Talent Data and IT Consultant
Type of Contract: Individual Contract
Post Level: International Consultant
Languages Required: English
Starting Date: (date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 01-Nov-2019
Duration of Initial Contract: 9 months – max 200 working days
Expected Duration of Assignment: November 2019 to July 2020
As UNDP implements its new people strategy, People for 2030, it will provide improved opportunities for, and better targeting of, learning and development in order to increase organizational capability and effectiveness and drive employee engagement. In order to implement People for 2030, UNDP will develop and implement a learning and development strategy aligned with UNDP’s Strategic Plan 2018-2021. This will also entail an updated governance structure for learning and development at corporate level and the related financial mechanism. The strategy will build upon the following measures:
- Identify corporate learning needs aligned to the core competencies of UNDP and incorporating mandatory training,
- Develop and provide targeted learning opportunities based on a corporate capability analysis, utilizing state of the art IT solutions,
- Enhance on-the-job learning opportunities including job shadowing, detail assignments and temporary rotations,
- Work with managers to improve their ability to develop themselves and their teams
People for 2030 will enable UNDP to attract, develop, retain and motivate a highly skilled and diverse workforce. It will shape and cultivate a workplace that enables the organization’s staff to be productive, valued and rewarded. The Office of Human Resources (OHR) is responsible for driving this strategy and leading the provision of HR business-focused services. Based primarily in HQ in New York and Copenhagen, the Office of Human Resources is one of the pillars of the Bureau for Management Services (BMS).
Within OHR, the Talent Development Unit (TDU) plays a role an important role in the talent development process including developing frameworks, programmes, tools and partnerships. The team is accountable for cultivating a UNDP culture of continuous learning and for ensuring UNDP’s offerings in learning and development optimize its investment in talent so that the organization has the human capability to deliver on its strategic goals. They provide thought leadership and are a role model for leadership development, organizational learning, capability development and career development. Enhancing learning and development in UNDP aims to achieve three objectives:
- elevate our organizational capabilities to enable UNDP to develop excellence in key areas,
- develop individual capabilities,
- develop managers to manage themselves and their people effectively
The selected incumbent will support design and implementation of Talent Dashboard, provide technical assistance for the online learning platforms and support various talent development programmes and activities.
The application package containing the following ( IMPORTANT: to be uploaded as one pdf file):
- Completed and signed UNDP template for submission of offer, including a financial proposal. This consultancy is a home-based assignment, therefore, there is no envisaged travel cost. In the case of unforeseeable travel requested by UNDP, payment of travel costs including tickets, lodging and terminal expenses should be agreed upon, between UNDP and Individual Consultant, prior to travel and will be reimbursed.
- Brief description of the approach to work and why the Offeror considers her/himself the most suitable for the assignment.
- Personal CV or P11, indicating all past experience from similar assignments and specifying the relevant assignment period (from/to), as well as the email and telephone contacts of at least three (3) professional references.
- Please note that our system only receives one attachment. Therefore, kindly scan all your above documents into a single PDF file to upload with your application.
- Due to large number of applications we receive, we are able to inform only the successful candidates about the outcome or status of the selection process
Fee base: All-inclusive daily fee
Consultant must send a financial proposal based on an all-inclusive Daily Fee. Consultant shall quote an all-inclusive Daily Fee for the contract period under Section A 1 for a maximum quantity of 200 days. The term all inclusive implies that all costs (professional fees, communications, consumables, insurances, land transportation etc.) that could be incurred by the IC completing the assignment are already factored into the daily fee submitted in the proposal.
If applicable, travel or daily allowances cost (if any work is to be done outside the IC’s duty station) should be identified separately.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Publish and Manage Design of Corporate Dashboards and Reporting System
- Liaise with the LMS provider to setup the data extract process
- Review and ensure correctness of relevant tables, fields, data necessary for dashboard automation
- Work with UNDP Office of Information Management and Technology (OIMT) to automate the data warehouse and dashboard refresh
- Develop and maintain high quality and interactive dashboards in Power BI with advanced tools and techniques
- Update data for external TDU programmes on request-basis.
- Customize dashboards with security layers to deliver highly automated dashboards for country offices, regions and focal points of central bureau.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders such as HR Information Systems, TDU, OIMT, HR Business Partners and Talent Development Managers on the design, layout, data availability and business requirements.
2. Talent Hub 2.0- Responsive and Accessible Design: Implementation and Maintenance
- Liaise with OIMT and vendor to implement a responsive design for the talent Hub and comply with the accessibility standards.
- Perform quality checks and fix/report issues
- Update the UNDP Talent Hub to reflect #NextGenTDU and People for 2030 and update relevant content, include social networks and knowledge creation capabilities.
- Support capacity building of employees on Digital Transformation and day-to-day project support of the Digital Transformation programme.
3. Learning Management System Technical Support and Administration
- Provide technical support to user issues via email@example.com
- Provide quality and timely response to the Talent Development Managers, partner agencies, and end-users’ queries and requests with regards to the various learning activities managed through the LMS
- Upgrade existing LMS pages to a responsive and accessible design
- Update LMS pages and content when requested
- Approve LMS user access based on access requests recovered from Talent Development Managers and Partner Agencies.
- Restore access to historical learning records and link learner records to new profiles as appropriate
- Tracks enrollments, progress, assessments, completion rates for various learning activities; reconciles rosters;
- Update completions of programmes and certifications on LMS based on completion data from external learning platforms and completions submitted by staff/focal points.
- Maintain and submit cost recovery data to BMS Operations team/Supervisor
4. Support Other OHR Programmes
- Perform quality assurance checks for the course updates (mandatory courses)
- Liaise with the course vendor/providers to ensure issues are addressed.
- Provide support for other OHR IT initiatives and programmes.
9 Months from November 2019 July 2020
The consultant will report to the Learning Technology Analyst, TDU/Office of Human Resources. The consultant will be responsible for the fulfilment of the deliverables / outputs as specified above.
Criteria for Selection of Best Offer
Combined Scoring method – where the qualifications and previous experience, and interview will be weighted a max. of 70% (technical evaluation) and combined with the price offer which will be weighted a max of 30% (financial evaluation).
All applicants will be screened against qualifications and the competencies set above.
Candidates fully meeting the requirements will be further evaluated based on the criteria below.
Technical Criteria (Technical Assessment and interviews) 70 % of total evaluation max. 70 points
- Technical Assessment: 30 points:
- Only candidates who obtained at least 70% of points from the Technical Assessment (who will score at least 21 points out of 30) will be invited for an interview.
Competency-based Interview: 40 points
- Only those individual consultants who obtained at least 70% of points from the interview (28 out of 40) will be considered for financial proposal evaluation.
Financial Criteria – 30 % of total evaluation max. 30 points.
- Financial scores will be calculated using the formula [lowest offer / financial offer of the candidate x 30].
UNDP applies the Best value for money approach the final selection will be based on the combination of the applicants’ qualification and financial proposal.
The candidate obtaining the highest combined scores (Technical and Financial) will be considered technically qualified and will be offered to enter into contract with UNDP.
The appointed consultant will be required to sign a declaration of impartiality document stating that he/she has no affiliation with any company participating in the tender process and that all information related to the process will be held confidential
- The consultant will be paid monthly based on the actual number of days worked and not exceeding 200 days in total for the contract.
- Payments will be based on Certificate of Payment / Time Sheet for the days worked during the respective calendar month and submitted at the beginning of the next calendar month along with a Certificate of payment approved by the Supervisor.
- Final payment to be upon satisfactory performance evaluation from the direct supervisor
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work.
- Ability to persuade others to follow:
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction.
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform.
- Ability to get things done.
Required Skills and Experience
Required skills and experience
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Human Resource Management, Business Analytics and Administration, Learning and Development or other relevant discipline.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in data analytics and visualizations, content management and learning management system.
- Knowledge of at least of advanced data analytics and visualization tools, such as SAS, R, SPSS, Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, SQL, MS Access, SharePoint is required.
- Experience in the UN system, especially on inter-agency projects, is an asset
- Fluency in English;
- Working knowledge of another UN language is an asset.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.