Systems Integration and Testing Engineer at Perspecta
Systems Integration & Testing Engineer
Job Locations: US-Teleworker
Req # 2020-97199
Category IT Operations
Perspecta is currently seeking a Systems Integation and Testing Engineer. SECRET Clearance Required
The Test Manager fills a first line role responsible for the overall development and definition of test strategy, test types, test plans, test cases, test resources and identification of test environments.
The Test Manager secures approval of all test plan deliverables from the project stakeholders.
The Test Manager should be competent in the following: customer relations, leadership, oral and written communications, planning and oversight for multiple projects, directing, organizing, controlling, team building, technical knowledge, facilitation, problem resolution, and introducing change into an organization.
This individual should also bring a background that includes expertise in resolving testing issues, a general knowledge of testing tools, and a general knowledge of testing environment considerations.
- Maintain the Qualification/System Acceptance Test Plan/Procedures
- Analyze and document current situation
- Design and document overall test strategy including required test types (unit, integration, systems, customer acceptance, stress, load, endurance, regression, etc.). This includes Functional testing of a Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) integration effort.
- Determine metrics plan to manage overall testing activities and deliverables. Responsible to define, develop, implement and report on testing metrics (test case development progress, test execution progress, defect metrics).
- Analyze and recommend automated test tools that could potentially add value to any or all of the test types
- Develop a plan to identify all external suppliers or interfaces required to produce test plan deliverables
- Monitor and coordinate testing activities for all test types and all suppliers
- Determine methodology that will be used to develop test cases (functional analysis, path analysis, boundary value, equivalence, etc.)
- Develop a schedule, estimate resources and assign responsibilities for creating detailed test cases
- Determine test environment requirements including test data, physical location, user access, change control and any training needs
- Develop a master schedule that includes test execution tasks, duration, resources and dependencies
- Identify and provide procedures for tracking test results
- Identify and provide graphic reporting for testing progress
- Identify procedures for tracking and re-testing defects (e.g. conducting Defect Triage meetings).
- Identify procedures for updating Requirements Traceability Matrix (e.g utilizing Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) or some other test repository tool to hold Requirements Traceability Matrix, test cases with procedures, and test results).
- Manage day to day activities, progress and issues during test execution
- Develop a communication plan that considers the needs for all project stakeholders (status, progress, issues, metrics, variance, milestones, etc.)
- Perform necessary functions to closed own each phase of project
- Engage subject matter experts as necessary
- Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!