Systems Administrator-Backup/Storage (REMOTE)
Job Locations: Remote
Job ID: 2019-6864
Category: Information Technology
The Systems Administrator Backup/Storage is responsible for implementation and operation of all physical and virtual server backup and restore operations as well as Storage Area Network (SAN) configuration and management. Participates in the design of these systems in conjunction with Administrators.
- Works as part of the Business Technology Infrastructure team to apply backup and storage solutions in support of identified business problems
- Participates in the evaluation, selection, implementation and on-going support of software, hardware and tools used by the Enterprise Infrastructure platform
- Responsible for the analysis, administration and support of VMWare, Veeam backup and Nimble storage
- Responds to End User requests for technical support and assistance within established procedures
- Provide operational support for Active Directory and related network support equipment to ensure changes and maintenance did not interrupt service to the customers
- Provide operational and architectural Windows Server and other Microsoft application server systems administration, especially with regard to data backup/restore and storage
- Provide support and assistance in the delivery of End User support and Systems Maintenance
- Assists in ensuring compliance with security policies and procedures
- Responds to escalated requests for technical assistance
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 8 years of related experience in systems engineering in both Windows and VMware environments.
- VMware vSphere 5/6
- VMware Horizon View 6.2 through 7.5
- Nimble Storage Solutions
- Windows 2008/2012/2016
- Active Directory 2008/2012/2016
- Exchange 2007/2010/2013
- Cisco UCS, Dell & IBM/Lenovo xSeries hardware
- Powershell Scripting experience preferred
- Excellent communication (verbal/written), organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Manage multiple tasks, be detail oriented, be responsive, and demonstrate independent and critical thinking.
*This position can be worked remotely.
CareCentrix maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with Florida’s Drug Free Workplace Law.