System Administrator – Remote Opportunity
Job Id: 128
# of Openings: 1
Titan School Solutions is making our schools stronger one day at a time by bringing state-of-the art efficiencies and real-time transparency to school food service. Titan’s founders are school information technology veterans who have created scalable and affordable, cloud-based management solutions to help districts and schools succeed and remain focused on nutrition and less on administration. As we continue to sky rocket within this industry, we need a Systems Administrator to join our growing team and help us get there!
If you are a highly energetic self-starter with the ability to work collaboratively with both technical and non-technical people, achieve results, focus on the details, and ultimately want to be part of transforming an institutional enterprise… APPLY HERE!
**This position is available for remote employment in the United States and does require the team member to be on call**
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work as part of a small technical team to build and manage a resilient and secure infrastructure for the various application platforms
- Collaborate with Development and DevOps/IT teams to not just maintain, but also build and improve the underlying systems to be highly available, scalable and highly performant
- Migrate SQL Server on Windows production infrastructure to SQL Server on Linux
- Scale infrastructure to meet rapidly increasing demand
- Improve automated deployments, monitoring, management and incident response
- Monitor site/database stability and performance and troubleshoot issues
- Collaborate with team to create and execute load and performance tests
- Proactively meet standards for information security and compliance
- Get up to speed and understand our technology stack with an attitude to always improve by constantly researching new technologies and services
What our Technology stack looks like (you’ll be using all of these):
- ASP.NET, WebAPI, MVC, Hangfire, C#
- Microsoft SQL Server 2017 on Windows Server
- Windows Server, IIS Web Server
- Microsoft SQL Server 2017 on Ubuntu and CentOS
- Redis on Redis Labs
- TeamCity, Octopus Deploy
- Hosting on Google Cloud Platform
- Dynatrace and SQL Sentry (Sentryone)
- Anturis (Server, network and web monitoring)
- Bitbucket, Confluence, Jira
- Google Cloud Storage
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Strong experience managing and creating cloud environments such as Google Cloud Platform, AWS or Azure
- Strong experience provisioning, managing, monitoring, profiling and scaling Linux servers (primarily Ubuntu and CentOS)
- Strong experience managing, monitoring, profiling and scaling Microsoft servers (SQL Server, Windows Server, IIS)
- Strong experience with high availability SQL Server infrastructure using Availability Groups
- Strong knowledge and understanding of network architecture, security and troubleshooting techniques
- Experience creating and maintaining backup strategies
- Experience managing PCI compliant production environments
- Knowledge of automated builds and deployments such as TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, VSTS, etc.
- Release automation, system administration, system configuration, and system debugging experience
- Experience implementing and maintaining monitoring and alert systems
- Experience using scripting languages, configuration management tools and command execution frameworks
- Strong desire to improve the supported systems by constantly assessing performance, cost, security and scale
- Experience creating and managing Redis is a plus
- Ability to operate in an agile, entrepreneurial start-up environment
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and reliably
- Strong interpersonal and teaming skills with an ability to set and enforce process
WHAT WE OFFER:
At Titan School Solutions, we’re looking for bright, independent, self-motivated, and experienced people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for technology. Our compensation packages consist of salary and a full suite of benefits to support our growing team.
This position is available for remote employment in the United States and does require the team member to be on call.
- Competitive salary: Based on experience and performance.
- Health/Benefits: Medical, Dental, & Visual. 95% paid by employer!
- Unlimited PTO: We believe in work/life balance to reward our rock stars for delivering great results.
- 401K: We offer 100% up to 5% of salary.
- The Right Gear: All the bells and whistles you need to drive results.
- Ownership: You’ll be a crucial member of the initial build-out team, offering unlimited opportunity for growth and professional development.