Sys Admin and Cloud Engineer at Chess.com
Sysadmin Cloud Engineer at Chess.com (REMOTE)
Chess.com is looking for someone who is passionate about building & managing infrastructure. We are looking for someone who has the deep experience of a traditional sysadmin, and also the futureoriented skills of managing in a cloud / Kubernetes ecosystem. Our team firmly believes in automating everything and building provisioning scripts to automate all our tasks. We are blending our existing baremetal datacenter hosting with AWS/GCP for microservices and scaling, and need your help to make sure that we’re always up, stable and performant.
- Proficiency in managing Kubernetes clusters
- Experience with AWS or GCP
- Particular experience with Terraform (we treat Infrastructure as a Code)
- UNIX/Linux generalist
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines
- Good understanding of modern monitoring & logging stack i.e. Prometheus, Cortex, EFK
- 2+ years supporting php/java, mysql, and redis
- Traditional sysadmin skills of building hosts, monitoring, and capacity planning
- Understanding of networking fundamentals, http, etc
- Comfortable with scripting
- Bonus: Experience with message brokers (e.g. Kafka, PubSub, Redis)
- Bonus: You are interested in building a hybrid onprem/cloud Service Mesh
- This is a REMOTE, FULLTIME position open to anyone in the USA or Canada.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!