Support Specialist I – Remote
Who We Are:
Cardinal Financial is a nationwide direct mortgage lender whose mission is to prove that homeownership is possible for everyone. By bringing an open-minded approach to an often closed-minded industry, we’re able to embrace every unique financial situation differently in order to craft the best possible loans for our borrowers. We pride ourselves on providing excellent service backed by our groundbreaking technology, and these two components of our process come together to complete a simple, personalized mortgage experience. But it all starts with our people.
We believe that no matter where you fit in our organization—Sales, Human Resources, Information Technology, or even re-stocking the break rooms with endless coffee supplies—everyone can influence the experience that we provide to our customers and our partners. We tell our customers and our partners that anything can be reimagined. So why not your career? Looking to join a company that values its people, innovates and expands on its proprietary technology, and is growing at a ridiculous rate?!
Who We Need:
The Support Specialist will be responsible for creating a world-class support experience and will play a key role in ensuring the highest level of support is provided to both internal and external customers. This role will require taking ownership of customer issues and seeing problems through to resolution. We are looking for energetic individuals who want to expand their knowledge of Octane and each department within Cardinal Financial. The hours for this role will be 9 AM – 6 PM EST.
What You Will Do:
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve system, process or experience issues for all internal and external customers.
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams.
- Provide enterprise-level assistance to our customers. You will diagnose and troubleshoot customer support issues with a high-level of care.
- Utilize email and chat applications to give those requesting support super quick answers to simple issues. For more complex problems that require more nuanced instruction, you will contact clients via phone and/or provide clear, written instructions in addition to logging a description of the incident or issue for our resolutions team.
- Represent the organization to internal and external customers and vendors by providing exceptional communication skills both orally and in writing.
- Following standard procedures to research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams.
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup and network configuration.
- Refer to internal knowledge database or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions.
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time.
- Analyze customer issues and develop necessary actions and ensure optimal levels of customer satisfaction to provide appropriate support for the same.
- Ensure daily, weekly and monthly internally specified requirements are met surrounding successful follow-up, task completion, and most importantly, customer satisfaction.
- Possess a clear and concise understanding of all Client Care duties to assist with if the organization calls for duty.
- Possess a basic understanding of the Octane system as well as navigation to gather information in order to assist others successfully with more “basic” issues being currently being handled by the support team.
What You Need:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products.
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software Freshdesk).
- Highly detailed and organized with the ability to multi-task and work in a very fast-paced environment.
- Excellent telephone, communication (oral and written), interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work closely within a team structure.
- Assertive with a positive attitude.
- Working knowledge of G-Suite
- Working knowledge of Octane.
- Exceptional customer service and effective communication.
- Familiarity with mortgage process and mortgage documents including ordering and processing of all 3rd party documentation.
- Ability to learn and comprehend proprietary software Octane.
- Ability to exercise discretion on sensitive or confidential matters.
- Must have one year of experience in mortgage industry methods and practices.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage a large volume of tasks while providing exceptional customer service.
- Meet deadlines and quality standards.
- Ability to forage and maintain excellent working relationships with all members of the Cardinal Financial Team.
- Highly customer service oriented individual with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to find solutions and diffuse escalating situations quickly.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Constant phone interaction required.
- Extended and weekend work hours may be required.
- Must abide by the Company standards for email and telephone etiquette.
What We Offer:
- Strength, Stability, and Vision.
- A commitment to be a relevant market leader – we are aiming for the top!
- Highly engineered proprietary technology that is revolutionizing the mortgage industry.
- An empowered culture where your ideas are important and your voice matters.
- Opportunity for career growth.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Benefits that become effective the first day of the month following your start date including – Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance and much more.
- 401K w/ 50% match up to a maximum employee contribution of 5%- Effective the 1st of the month following 30-days of employment.
WE ARE CARDINAL FINANCIAL
We started Cardinal Financial with a passion for developing a better mortgage experience. Our proprietary loan origination software, Octane, is a sure advantage, but we soon found out that revolutionary technology only goes so far without revolutionary people. We place a premium on hiring talented, forward-thinking, entrepreneurial spirits who are committed, not only to reimagining the possibilities of mortgage lending, but to delivering a personal experience to every borrower every time. We take a tremendous amount of pride in our people because they’re what sets us apart from the rest. Our culture is strengthened by self-starters who look forward to coming to work every day and are willing to go the extra mile for their colleagues and their clients. Cardinal Financial is where your career meets your calling. Join us and be a part of something more than mortgage lending.