Support Operations Manager at Babylist
Support Operations Manager
Location: United States
Who We Are
Babylist is the leading vertical marketplace and commerce destination for baby, driving purchase decisions for more than 8 million people each year. Utilizing robust proprietary data, patented technology, and unbiased editorial guidance, Babylist recommends expert-tested products to those starting their parenting journey so loved ones can offer their support. Babylist registries connect new parents and their community of family and friends who help plan, prepare, and shop for a child’s arrival. Babylist is the generational brand in baby, leading the $67 billion baby products market as the trusted go-to solution for growing families. To learn about Babylist’s registry options, editorial content, and more, visit www.babylist.com.
Our Ways of Working
We’re a remote-first company with team members located across the United States spanning multiple time zones. This means we put in extra effort to make sure we connect and collaborate in ways that make sense for us. We know how valuable the flexibility of remote work is for our employees so people can get the work done in the way that works for them and their teams. After all, many parents call Babylist their professional home, and sometimes, life puts you in a position where you just have to jump off that Zoom meeting to clean up that banana that’s getting stomped on by your 2 year old.
We know that personal connection is the foundation for the great work we do together. In order to quickly build those relationships, we offer the opportunity to meet with coworkers in person two times a year at a full company offsite and a departmental offsite. These are great opportunities to meet the people you work with every day and to do some of the work that is much more difficult to do virtually. Most of our roles are fully remote, but these opportunities to meet in person will involve limited amounts of travel. For some leaders, there might be more opportunities to get together in person that would require about 10% travel to Oakland, CA or elsewhere.
What the Role Is
Babylist is looking for an experienced Support Operations Manager to systematically drive customer experience improvements across the team and the company. This will be done through a lot of intentional cross-functional work with other department leaders and improving key support metrics and workflows. They will own driving those metrics through tool optimization, improving quality of support content (both internal and external), and developing and executing targeted training for our agents.
This role will report to the Head of Support, manage the Quality Assurance Team & Support Operations Coordinator. They will also work closely with Customer Support Managers and Cross-functional Leaders.
Who You Are
- Passionate about creating a phenomenal customer experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Analytics, Business Management, Supply Chain or comparable
- 4+ years of experience in a customer support, customer success or operations organization
- 4+ years of people management experience
- 2+ year of experience in data analytics
- Able to find insights in both quantitative and qualitative data
- Able to tell the story from those insights effectively to varying audiences & stakeholders
- Experience working with Zendesk, Zendesk Explore and Zendesk APIs or comparable tools
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to concisely present suggestions & make decisions based on quantitative and qualitative data
- Skillful listening, with the ability to seek input, analyze information, consider alternatives, and make holistic decisions
- Strong Project Management skills
- (IE – Make what RV does doable by FL and what FL does doable by self-serve)
Your Core Competencies Might Include:
- Manages Complexity – Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
- Persuades – Using compelling arguments to gain the support and commitment of others
- Plans and Aligns – Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Own the Support Operations strategic roadmap; aligning it with the Head of Support and Babylist goals
- Own Support Data
- Ensure data is yielding accurate and actionable insights
- Ensure Support Managers and Team Members have the reports they need to drive their key metrics
- Help Center
- Manage the efforts of your Support Operations Coordinator to continually improve the helpfulness of the internal and customer facing help center
- Boost the usefulness of our answerbot to ensure it improves the customer self-serve experience without degrading the quality of the overall customer support experience.
- Quality Assurance
- Manage the efforts of your Quality Assurance Manager to ensure we’re delivering a consistently excellent customer support experience.
- Ensure what they’re also evaluating strategic focus areas as needed
- Use quality assurance insights to shape the customer experience story we share with other stakeholders.
- Tool & Process Optimization
- Own & improve our usage of Support tools (Zendesk, Solvvy, & Integrations)
- Identify processes that need sharpening to improve Support KPIs and the customer experience
- Optimize experiences and documentation to allow currently complicated tasks to be processable by less complex teams or even self-serve options
- Champion the Customer Experience
- Ensure that valuable support insights are shared, understood and followed up on by all cross department stakeholders
- Standardize the format and cadence of sharing updates with other stakeholders and general updates to the company
- Track insight call outs & high level KPIs in a way that is clear and accessible to other departments
- Drive high level KPIs while also strategically focusing on improving more granular or situational metrics
- Work on cross-functional projects that create a better customer experience
- Form and maintain key relationships with key cross functional stakeholders
Why You Will Love Working At Babylist
- We are a remote first company and invest in infrastructure you’ll need to be supported and successful: tools, opportunities to connect with colleagues, and a stipend to help you set up your office.
- We build products that have a positive impact on millions of people’s lives.
- We work at a sustainable pace which means work/life balance is a real thing here.
- We believe technology and data can solve hard problems.
- We believe in exceptional management.
- We are committed to providing an actively antiracist organization and doing the work to support differences of all kinds.
- We offer competitive pay and meaningful opportunities for career advancement.
- We have great benefits like company paid medical, dental, and vision, a generous paid parental leave policy, and 401k with company match.
- We care about employee wellbeing with perks for physical, mental and emotional health, parenting, childcare, and financial planning.
If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.