Support Engineer at GitBook
GitBook is a modern documentation platform sustained by some of the best SaaS europeans VCs (Point 9 Capital, Notion Capital, Fly VC). Our ambition is to empower team’s intelligence. We want to help teams work more efficiently by creating a single place to leverage their knowledge.
GitBook is now used by over 500,000 users and thousands of teams such as Adobe, Netflix, Decathlon, or Google. We’re working on an ambitious next product step to redefine “core team work”. Moving toward this next step, we’re looking for a Support Engineer (working remotely) with excellent communication skills and technical knowledge to deliver a world-class experience to our customers.
What will you be doing ?
The Support Engineer is a critical role at GitBook as this is often the first person our customers contact. As a Support Engineer, you will assist our customers by delivering a world-class experience through creative, technical problem-solving and a thorough knowledge of how GitBook works. We are working with a broad range of customers and most of them have a technical background (engineering, design, and product). An exemple of technical ticket would be to troubleshoot and provide guidance to users that have issues with the GitHub integration.
On a daily basis you will:
- Handle product and technical customer inquiries and requests via email and chat (Intercom) in a timely manner.
- Effectively troubleshoot and properly document customer support issues.
- Provide customers with regular updates regarding their support tickets.
- Gather product feedback and customer insights in order to constantly improve our customer experience.
- Demonstrate resilience and adaptability as our customer needs evolve and our case volume changes.
- Collaborate with our Product team to maintain a high level of knowledge regarding GitBook in order to diagnose technical issues.
- Partner with our Product Development team to submit bug reports and to solve more complex product issues.
- Collaborate with our Sales and Customer Success teams to identify opportunities for existing customers to up-sell or cross-sell
- Work in coordination with our Operations team on the billing
What do you need to succeed ?
- Prior experience working as a support engineer (ideally 3-4 years) handling a large amount of tickets and variety of issues.
- A prior experience providing customers support on an agile product or a similar environment would be a plus.
- An engineering degree or technical bootcamp training would be ideal.
- Previous experience working remotely and the ability to be autonomous in a remote working environment
- Passion for consistently helping customers while providing high quality customer experience
- Ability to troubleshoot and further investigate to fix a problem, even technical ones
- Experience with REST API, database management, and web development technologies.
- Outstanding communication skills in English (both written and verbal)
- Demonstrating compassion and empathy towards customers
- Attention to detail, organisational skills, and amazing time management skills
- Ability to manage and prioritise a wide range of tickets at various stages of resolution
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities
- Positive energy
You will also appreciate:
- to have an impact by building a product that helps thousands of teams and users around the world
- to move fast and learn in the challenging environment of a fast-growing startup
- to work remotely whenever you want to (+/-2h from Paris time zone)
- to go on team off-sites every quarter
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!