Support Engineer at UPS - United Parcel Service
Title: Support Engineer
Roadie, a UPS Company, is a crowdsourced delivery platform. Founded in 2014, Roadie works with consumers, small businesses and enterprises across virtually every industry to enable scheduled, same day and urgent delivery in passenger vehicles across the U.S. With more than 200,000 drivers nationwide, Roadie reaches more than 20,000 zip codes the largest local same-day delivery network in the nation.
We are looking for a Support Engineer to serve as the front line for technical support requests from internal departments at Roadie. The ideal candidate is eager to be in a fast-paced environment where they can broaden their technical, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills, and set the foundation for a career in software development.
What You’ll Do
- Utilize ticket system to manage tickets and triage requests to appropriate person or team within Engineering
- Take ownership of reported customer issues and see problems through to resolution
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot, and reproduce reported issues in a timely manner
- Monitor ticket queue to ensure all issues are properly processed, documented/logged, assigned and relevant parties are updated
- Feel empowered to fix issues and ask questions when necessary
- Collaborate with Engineering, Product, and customer-facing teams teams
What You Bring
- BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent
- Core coding skills in at least one programming language (exposure to or interest in learning Ruby on Rails and SQL a plus)!
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Tenacity for problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to communicate technical concepts to a nontechnical audience
- Competitive compensation packages
- 100% covered health insurance premiums for yourself
- 401k with company match
- Tuition and student loan repayment assistance (that’s right – Roadie will contribute directly to your existing student loans!)
- Flexible work schedule with unlimited PTO
- Monthly 3-day weekends
- Monthly WFH stipend
- Paid sabbatical leave- tenured team members are given time to rest, relax, and explore
- The technology you need to get the job done
Browse Related Categories:
Want Access to 30,000+ More Remote and Flexible Jobs?
Part-time to full-time,
freelance to employee
More Career Fields
career coaching & more