Supervisor Workplace Accommodation (Remote)
Job Locations: US-VA-Falls Church
Requisition ID: 2019-39907
# of Openings: 1
MAXIMUS is a leading operator of government health and human services programs and has partnered with state, federal and local governments to provide critical, high quality health and human service programs to a diverse array of communities. Operating under MAXIMUS’s founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People® since 1975, we are entirely focused on helping government agencies run programs cost-effectively and serve program constituents with improved outcomes. By being a responsible steward for government programs, we help the federal government deliver on its promises through our people, process and technology. Our focus is always on outcomes and results that connect citizens more effectively with government services.
The Human Capital Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the administration and tracking of all workplace accommodation requests for assigned contact center operations. Remote work location will be considered for this position.
Essential Job Duties:
- Manage a high volume of workplace accommodation requests
- Coordinate with local Human Capital Business Partner(s) to ensure efficiency in processing of requests
- Provide advice and counsel regarding ADAAA, Workplace Accommodations, and the internal workplace accommodation process
- Act as a point of contact and provide input to assigned contact center sites regarding the implementation of ADAAA and the workplace accommodation process. This includes facilitating the interactive process, identifying action plans, making timely decisions, and implementing accommodation requests
- Maintain accurate documentation and ensure timely completion of administrative components of each request
- Maintain regular contact with stakeholders regarding progress and status of accommodations; assists in the resolution of any challenges related to accommodations
- Assess risk to business and provide guidance to customers; Use sound judgement to promptly resolve accommodation requests
- Perform quality reviews to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations
- Provide support for and conduct investigations regarding workplace accommodations
- Work closely with senior leaders and managers to provide expertise and hands on support
- Identify trends, problems, and issues regarding ADAAA and create and implement solutions
- Provide guidance to line management regarding accommodations and the leave process; Coach Managers and supervisors in best practices and employee engagement to effectively manage the employee leave process
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience preferred
- Up to 2 years of lead/supervisory experience
- SPHR/PHR preferred
- Advanced proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office Suite & Outlook
- Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently
- Ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously
- Excellent organizational and people management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of human capital practices, techniques, and standards
- Ability to conduct presentations concerning specific projects or schedules
- Ability to delegate responsibilities to subordinates and gain cooperation
- Ability to manage high level of confidentiality and experience handling PII and PHI
- Associate Degree or equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience considered in lieu of degree
- Minimum of two (2) years of related experience
- Ensure compliance with company Wage & Hour policy, including ensuring non-exempt employees get the rest & meal breaks
- Comply with all company required policies, procedures and processes including but not limited to required training
- Provides immediate supervision to a unit or group of employees, assigning tasks, checking work at frequent intervals, and maintaining schedules.
- A portion of time is normally spent performing individual tasks related to the unit or sub-unit.
- Generally supervises semi-skilled employees or a few individual professional contributors.
- Works on issues of limited scope.
- Follows established practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
- Monitors daily operations of a unit or sub-unit.
- Requires full knowledge of own area of functional responsibility.
- Frequently interacts with subordinate employees and functional peer groups.
- Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others, conducting presentations concerning specific projects or schedules.
- Receives predetermined work assignments that are subject to a moderate level of control and review.
- Directs subordinates to complete assignments using established guidelines, procedures and policies.
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.