Strategic Sales Consultant at Bolt
Strategic Sales Consultant
- REVENUE OPS
Bolt is the future of online commerce. Our mission is to make commerce instant, consistent, and trusted. We believe that every retailer will need e-commerce to power their business in the future, and to do that effectively they need Bolt.
Bolt is looking for a creative teammate that has an entrepreneurial spirit, the ability to manage a strategic sales lifecycle, and who possesses results-driven energy that will take Bolt to the next level.
Strategic deals in ecommerce are a little different than what most have seen and require grit and an individualized story to win their business. Every strategic deal will have your personal touch where you’ve married product functionality to their business needs. You’ll have done your research on who the merchant is, their industry idiosyncrasies, and how Bolt provides value. You don’t need to have a data science degree, but you’re a storyteller who builds your sales proposals around data to help win deals. Data and analytics aren’t strangers to you.
Someone with the right experience for this role will be able to be a champion for Bolt’s products and services using the different challenges across different verticals to their advantage. You’ll be a key operational player in strategic deals working cross functionally with solutions engineers and product marketing to get big deals to the finish line.
Under the hood, you’ll help to ensure the data integrity of these key deals in Salesforce by keeping the records up to date and exhaustive. Your obsession with organization and details will not only lend itself as a superpower here but also in driving ROI analysis.
In general what I think would set you up for success here is a mix of startup and larger organization experience. You’re familiar with the chaos of a startup but you’ve seen what good looks like. I think you’re probably at least 5-8 years into your career to give you a sense of the sweet spot here.
Some previous domain experience would be strongly preferred if not required – and in this case that would be experience with payments, e-commerce, or consumer fintech, roughly in that order of preference. Your experience in analytics, consulting, or business case creation will be more important.
- Develop strong industry and product knowledge to interact with decision-makers
- Clearly articulate Bolt’s products and solutions with prospective customers to successfully handle and overcome objections through presentations
- Partner closely with the most senior folks on the sales team to execute and deliver strategic collateral for our largest prospective customers
- Extensive use of Salesforce CRM and other tools to build and maintain accurate activity, account, and opportunity information of prospects
- Help translate merchant feedback into specific product requirements and partner with solution engineering and product to understand use cases and needs
- An excellent storyteller and ability to translate business needs and product functionality into strong narratives to help win deals
- Works cross-functionally with Solutions Engineers and product marketing to turn sales’ pitches into a compelling narrative for each strategic opportunity
- Construct analysis and data-driven proposals to help drive opportunities to wins
- Conduct research on merchants and competitors in order to inform strategic planning for key deals and deliver analysis and collateral for special projects
- Excellent written communication skills, including being concise, professional, and grammatically accurate
- Strong attention to detail, including following Bolt design guidelines, when creating collateral (e.g., presentation decks)
- Experience with long sales cycle, and ability to navigate a deal/opportunity process
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with deck creation (e.g., ppt, google slides, and design tools like Figma
- Experience with building business cases / ROI analysis
- Experience in ecommerce and retail industry preferred
- Obsession with organization, detail, multitasking, and time management
- Experience with Salesforce is strongly preferred
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!