Standards Alignment Editor at Curriculum Associates
Standards Alignment Editor
Product Development – Editorial
North Billerica, MA or Remote, United States
About Curriculum Associates
Curriculum Associates is a rapidly growing educational technology and publishing company committed to making classrooms better places for teachers and students. Located just outside of Boston, we are an innovative, collaborative, and mission-driven company that has been recognized as a Boston Globe Top Workplace and Boston Business Journal Best Place to Work. We believe that all children have the ability to succeed, and this idea inspires our engineering, product development, and service teams every day. Our award-winning products include both traditional published material and EdTech products such as our cloud-based i-Ready®. Our programs provide flexible resources for teachers and administrators, as well as meaningful assessments and data-driven, differentiated instruction for millions of students.
Standards Alignment Editor
The Standards Alignment Editor is a member of the Curriculum Alignment Team within Product Management at Curriculum Associates. This role offers the opportunity to develop a deeper understanding of ELA and Math content and the intersection of digital and print instructional materials, while managing standards alignment projects. Responsibilities include creating and maintaining digital correlations embedded in the Ready and i-Ready® products, including online assessment and instruction platform, Ready Teacher Toolbox, and correlations for the print programs such as customer facing documents and state-specific RFPs. The ideal candidate will have experience working with vendors and freelancers to manage multiple projects at a time, a strong understanding of Common Core State Standards, experience reviewing standards alignments, and content knowledge in ELA and/or Mathematics.
Impact you’ll have
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Respond to Sales requests and maintain schedules
- Track work and manage Correlations vendors/freelancers/projects
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams on release schedules and deliverables for the digital product
- Edit correlations for Common Core and state-specific standards for both digital and print product lines
- Provide in depth standards analysis for non-Common Core state standards
- Review correlations submitted by vendors for accuracy and consistency with Curriculum Associates’ guidelines
- Work within the i-Ready Authoring Tool to ensure completed correlations have been entered correctly and aligned with accuracy
- Review print correlations for content accuracy
- Proactively track and maintain a database of state standards
- Be up to date on all state standards – current, future drafts, revisions, trends, news, etc.
- Assist in development and editing of collateral materials and correlations to support sales teams as well as state-specific and district-level RFPs
- Develop a deep understanding of the i-Ready products
What we’re looking for
Successful candidates will thrive in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate a record of achievement:
- 2–5 years of experience managing projects/requests/vendors
- o Excellent communication and organizational skills
- o Proven ability to maintain accuracy and attention to detail
- 2–5 years of experience in school publishing or experience editing curriculum materials with Common Core and state-specific standards
- Must be a team player who works productively and cooperatively with a wide range of people
- Bachelor’s degree required, education focused or experience in education preferred
- Teaching experience (K–8) a plus
- Deep familiarity with Common Core State Standards and state-specific standards a plus
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!