STAFF WRITER (GAMING) – COMICBOOK.COM
- Ref#: 32824
- CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
- Job Type: Full-Time Staff
- Job Location: Remote
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
ComicBook.com is looking for a new team member who is passionate about gaming in all forms (Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony, mobile), streamer culture (Twitch) and popular YouTube personalities. An ideal candidate is a self-starter who works well in a team environment and has strong communication skills. In this role, you play a key part in our news desk, with general coverage assignments providing content for our multiple social outlets and our premium subscribers along with interacting with them in our comments section.
- Report and provide written news stories on all things gaming culture as assigned by an on-shift managing editor.
- Write or contribute to national features based on interviews performed, as assigned.
- Cover conventions and other key events throughout the year to gather interviews and provide unique content. Post within the comments section on site and on social media to interact with fans by providing news, analysis, and insight.
- Build relationships and develop sources in the entertainment space to provide premium information and break news.
- Provide original content to help grow audience and community.
- Work with managing editorial to provide comprehensive coverage of live, national events.
What you bring to the team:
You have –
A successful candidate must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, or other, related field
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Maintain good organizational skills
- Ability to collaborate well with other reporters
- Self-motivation as well as the ability to work within a team dynamic
You might also have –
Our culture is rooted in a transparent, fast-paced, and competitive environment that fosters growth by embracing consistently increasing goals not only of the individual but the collective company as well. We are a professional workplace that will always embrace a start-up mentality.
A successful member of this team will be able to work with others collaboratively but also be self-motivated to drive the business forward. Complacent attitudes and those interested in meeting not exceeding goals will have a hard time adapting to a workplace that expects best efforts, uses course correction, and hands-on coaching. A mentality of clearing the bar is the heartbeat of operations and those who run through the finish line will ultimately grow in responsibility and rewards.