Staff Writer – Deals at Reviewed.com
Title: Staff Writer, Deals
- Location: United States
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly-owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
Reviewed is seeking a professional writer experienced in quick-turnaround journalism to join us as a full-time Staff Writer covering deals, sales, retail outlets, and discounts on consumer products we love.
The ideal candidate will have a deep curiosity about the world and an appreciation for smart service journalism. You’ll be part of a rapidly growing team and responsible for shaping daily content that enriches people’s lives. You’ll have a chance to share your work across the USA TODAY Network and beyond.
Our mission is to help people make the smartest decisions about what they buy and get the most out of the stuff they already own. We do this by providing our audience informative, enjoyable, and genuinely useful content.
This position requires some editorial experience and a hunger for learning about deals and sales. Previous experience with affiliate links is a plus. This is a full-time, salaried role working 40 hours per week. This role will require regular weekend shifts (about one shift per month). This role will also require attendance on certain holidays or big sales including, but not limited to Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and Amazon Prime Day.
Reviewed is one of the most influential sources on the internet when it comes to reviews of products like appliances, consumer technology, lifestyle products, and more. You’ll learn on the job and become a key contributor to a team of talented, like-minded product nerds.
The Staff Writer role reports to the Managing Editor of Deals as part of the Reviewed Deals Team. We are open to remote employees, but staffers are also able to work out of our (truly awesome) labs in Cambridge, MA.
- Quickly write and produce multiple articles per day on sales, deals, and product roundups.
- Work within the Deals team’s editorial workflow to pitch, write, and publish stories in a timely manner.
- Produce your work in the appropriate CMS, with the proper formatting, image selection or creation, and link building.
- Research and discover deals on Reviewed-approved and vetted quality products across the web.
- Be available to work during holidays and major sales including, but not limited to Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and Amazon Prime Day.
- Ability to work a weekend shift on a regular, pre-planned basis.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-3 years of experience producing high-quality, rapid-turnaround editorial content.
- Ability to write within a clear format quickly and succinctly.
- An understanding of readers’ needs, shopping habits, and budget constraints.
- Creative ability to identify and execute related features.
- Interest in product technology, and the ability to explain it.
- Basic photo editing skills and experience with programs like PhotoShop or Canva.
- Understanding of the consumer search trends and shopping habits.
- Competitive drive to be a leading editorial voice.
- An understanding of journalistic ethics and commitment to upholding high ethical standards.
- Knowledge of SEO a plus.
- Experience with affiliate networks, like Amazon Affiliates, Skimlinks, Impact Radius, Trackonomics, or others is a plus
It is important that these items be assembled into a single document and uploaded in PDF format. Completing these steps will ensure that your application receives the highest consideration.
Office work takes place in an open floor plan office, with several smaller meeting rooms and test labs throughout the building. Regardless of whether you’re onsite or remote, you’ll be expected to be accessible to the team throughout the day via face-to-face communication (whether in-person or over video calls), email, phone, and Slack.
Compensation & Benefits
We offer competitive compensation and a solid benefits package, including health, dental, 401k, PTO, and much more.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!