Staff Writer at Inboxlab
EDITORIAL – EDITORIAL
Inboxlab, a fast-growing digital publisher, is expanding!
Inboxlab builds brands that expand perspectives through the wonder of learning, by delivering educational and entertaining experiences directly to the inbox. Since beginning our story, we’ve had one goal in mind: to become an engine for optimism. We firmly believe that the more connected to and aware of the world around us we are, the better off humankind will be.
Two years in, we’re profitable and VC-free, and we’ve amassed 19 million subscribers across brands in the travel and gamified education verticals — with a pipeline of new brands to be launched in the future.
Our team of 50+ is insatiably curious, infectiously optimistic, radically connected, and intentionally intrepid. We operate as a distributed workforce, working remotely from around the world.As a team we interact with our hubs in Denver, LA, New York and Buenos Aires. If that resonates with you, we should talk!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for multiple Staff Writers to author content for exciting gamified brands focused on such topics as travel, animals, science, history, general trivia, vocabulary, and more. In this role, you’ll be tasked with creating content that’s interactive, fun, and illuminating, and translates to increased brand awareness, user engagement, and audience growth.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Write daily content — trivia questions, articles, quizzes, headlines, subject lines — across multiple brands
- Take on assignments from editors, pitch and develop smart, novel ideas of your own
- Work closely with assigning editors, photo editors, fellow writers and other colleagues on ideation, finessing copy, and honing the editorial process
- Help establish and hone a brand voice that is consistent, compelling, and distinctive
- Develop franchises, new content types, and brand expansion concepts
- Merge editorial artistry and creativity with data science to author experiences that engage our audience, improve key metrics, and drive revenue
- Faithfully translate company mission, core values into everyday tasks and projects
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- A strong sense of voice
- An obsession with solid, crisp first drafts
- Hunger and metabolism for (good!) work in a fast-paced editorial operation
- Bachelor’s Degree in writing, communications, marketing, or other related fields
- 5+ years writing a consumer-facing digital brand or vertical
- Proficient knowledge of email marketing
- Experience and interest in building and curating gamified educational experiences
- A passion for learning, knowledge-sharing, and the optimistic potential of the internet
- Curiosity, expertise and/or ability to quickly soak up knowledge on a broad range of topics
- Proven track record for smart, consistent editorial idea generation
- Intuitive understanding of social media platforms, and keen awareness for what makes content viral
- Ability to stay organized and tackle multiple tasks at a time
At Inboxlab we aim to provide equal opportunity for all. We are firm believers in the strength of diversity and aim to build teams of individuals that offer unique perspectives, come from different backgrounds and challenge each other to be better every day!
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!