Staff Specialist Product Developer
Remote United States
BMC Software is looking for a Product Developer for our Z Solutions Business Unit. The developer will work in a cross-functional team and will be responsible for design and development of Java programs.
- Masters or equivalent experience in a quantitative field (computer science, statistics, or mathematics)
- 10+ years’ programming experience with Java
- Product development experience and a proven track record of delivering high-quality commercial products
- Experience developing Java applications (Must have)
- Strong diagnostics, debugging, and troubleshooting skills used to determine problems’ root cause (Must have)
- Experience with Servlets
- Workflow & Rule engine development experience
- Experience working in an Agile product development environment.
- Experience with Acceptance Test Driven development methodology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with z/OS a plus
- Experience with Python, R a plus
- Experience with Machine Learning, Predictive Modeling a plus.
- Familiarity with industry analytics solutions such as Splunk, Spark and others a plus
It is the policy of BMC Software to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, history of disability, ancestry, citizenship status, political affiliation, religion, gender, transgender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, status as a parent, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or other factors prohibited by law, and to prohibit harassment or retaliation based on any of these factors.