Staff Software Engineer – Golang
Remote – US Home Office
What you’ll do
Do you like Golang, distributed teams, distributed systems, web performance, and smart, kind, empathic teammates? Walmart Labs is looking for a backend developer to help build tools that speed up all of Walmart e-commerce. You’ll be building mostly HTTP APIs, mostly in Go. These APIs control our CDNs, load balancing, and web optimization systems used across virtually all Walmart e-commerce properties.
A typical day might involve any of the following:
- Create an API endpoint to control our performance tooling.
- Add metrics and monitoring to increase the observability of our applications.
- Work with our configuration management systems to smooth out our deploy process.
- Give design feedback and review teammates’ code.
- Our stack uses Go and MySQL. You don’t necessarily need to be an expert in these technologies already. We believe smart people can learn anything and are willing to train the you in our specific tools. If you’re not familiar with Go, you should be able to demonstrate you’d pick it up quickly.
- You have at least five years of professional experience building RESTful APIs.
- You have at least three years of professional experience with Go, Java, Python, Ruby, or another server-side programming language.
- You’re comfortable with writing and maintaining performant SQL queries.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You’re willing to dive in to unfamiliar layers of the stack.
- You have experience with Linux systems.
- Experience with Golang
- Experience with CDNs
- Experience in networking
- Experience with Salt, Chef, Puppet or other configuration management tools
- Experience with front-end development
About Walmart Labs
Imagine working in an environment where one experiment can catapult an entire industry toward a smarter future. That’s what we do at Walmart Labs. We’re a team of 5,000+ software engineers, data scientists, designers and product managers within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and our enterprise operates.