Staff Software Engineer, Digital Customer Success at GitHub
Title: Staff Software Engineer, Digital Customer Success – Remote
Location: Remote – Global
GitHub prides itself for providing industry-leading support to our Enterprise and Developer customers. The Support Operations team is comprised of engineers and program managers that work to reduce support issues by proactively identifying issues in the product, escalating any issues that arise to product and engineering in some situations and in others, build and ship fixes in the GitHub.com and GitHub Enterprise Cloud and GitHub Enterprise Server products. We’re looking for an experienced, empathetic engineer with a strong commitment to supporting our customers.
- You will provide compassionate technical mentorship, pairing opportunities, and code reviews to encourage the growth of others
- You will drive department-wide conversations around technical issues and engineering practices, suggesting improvements and ideas as needed.
- You will partner with product and Customer Success leadership to collaboratively define and prioritize projects and tasks.
- You will review code and provide thoughtful, constructive feedback for your team.
- You will serve as an escalation point for the software engineering team.
- Participate in department-wide rotations for on call and interrupting user-reported bugs, support escalations, and user reported feature requests
- You will build tools and integrations that provide a seamless customer success experience.
- You will document any tools or integrations you build.
- You will work closely with Product and Program Management to identify and implement tools and processes that reduce support ticket volume or ticket resolution time and increase adoption of GitHub’s products and services.
- You will collaborate closely with Product and Engineering teams to fix bugs and implement features that reduce customer issues.
- You will strategically work with Product and Engineering teams to advocate for all Customer Success teams and our customers.
- You will participate in escalations from the support team and help prioritize fixes with the Engineering teams.
- You will evaluate and recommend solutions, and guide team decision making.
- You will be a jack of all trades and willing to dive into a variety of problems to help advance the goals of the department.
- 10 + years experience developing web applications, Linux system administration or technical support.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- A strong sense of empathy for our customers and team supporting them.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Familiarity with some flavor of production-level virtual machine (e.g., VMware ESX, Xen, KVM).
- Experience with Ruby and Go based back end systems, or something similar and a willingness to learn
- SQL and general database knowledge
- Experience with RESTful APIs and/or GraphQL
- Solid knowledge of testing principles
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!