Staff Software Engineer, Backend Partner Core at Affirm
Title: Staff Software Engineer, Backend (Partner Core)
Location: Remote US
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
Wallets & Platforms team builds and maintains Affirm’s e-commerce, wallets, platforms, and payment gateway partner solutions. Building integrations with the partnership model unlocks merchants on these platforms to effortlessly offer Affirm to their consumers. Partner Core team focuses on the foundational aspect to build and support common or unique capabilities for the aforementioned solutions.
As a part of the Partner Core engineering team, you will work cross-functionally with product and engineering teams to drive new features and services to shape Affirm’s partner landscape.
You will develop core features and services to onboard, configure partners, enhance partner APIs, tools, drive and build features to enable Wallets integrations. The Partner Core brings tremendous value to Affirm partner integrations, simplifying their onboarding experience and use of Affirm’s product capabilities.
Our team is growing and we are looking for a highly motivated staff software engineer to help fulfill our vision. Come join us!
What you’ll do
- Work with product and engineering managers to identify and plan projects based on the team goals and resources.
- Drive detailed project definition, design, cross-functional alignment, estimation, in addition to task break-down, delivery, monitoring, and maintenance.
- Build relationships with people across engineering and other organizations for the implementation, roll-out and maintenance of projects.
- Maintain and extend the existing partner functionality at Affirm, help define and drive requirements for partner APIs and tools.
- Extend our partner services to be more configurable, reliable, and performant.
- Consistently generate simple and elegant designs, and write high-quality code that can be easily understood and leveraged by others.
- Take an active role in mentoring junior engineers, partner with your manager to improve the processes that support team growth and efficiency.
- Actively participates in making the team and workplace an inclusive environment for people from all backgrounds.
What we look for
- 8+ years of experience as a software engineer with leadership responsibilities and experience mentoring junior engineers.
- Proven ability to drive project research and design, communicate and document technical ideas clearly.
- Passion for working with cross-functional teams including Product, Design, Analytics and Business teams.
- Expert in designing and building distributed systems and applications, real-time, scalable web services, REST APIs, developer portals.
- Proficiency in Python is a must. Proficiency in object-oriented and dynamically typed languages.
- Experience working with modern frontend frameworks.
- Passion to stay on top of Commerce trends and technologies.
- Working with eCommerce platforms, Point of Sale (POS) Solutions and Order Management Systems is a plus.
Location – Remote U.S.
Grade – 31