Staff Product Manager at GitHub
Title: Staff Product Manager
- Location: Remote – US / Canada
GitHub is changing the way the world builds and secures software, and we want you to help build GitHub!
As GitHub grows its Enterprise business, we look to modernize our Enterprise Server offering and are looking for a product manager to help shape that vision. You will be partnering closely with Directors and Engineering Managers across the company to innovate in the platform space while enabling critical scenarios for our customers.
What you will be doing:
- Own the vision for your area: You will be responsible for specific areas of our GitHub Enterprise Server product, and will need to work across the entire company to build the vision for how we build products at GitHub and ensure it aligns with our business goals.
- Manage the roadmap: Make tough tactical prioritization decisions while helping the team think long-term. Build trust with stakeholders by maintaining an understandable, accurate roadmap.
- Collaborate across teams.: Your success will require coordination across multiple teams and domains at GitHub. We build large systems that span many teams and so we win or lose together.
- Data driven decision making: Analyze data for trends and potential customer pain points, and use this to prioritize and inform how to improve our systems. Go back to the data when needed to answer questions.
- Measure success: Own the measures used to define success for your area. Success measures must be defined at the inception of a product and tracked throughout its lifecycle. Make measures visible to all stakeholders and interpret them into actionable conclusions and new hypotheses.
You might be a fit if:
- You have 5+ years of engineering, product management, program management, or equivalent experience with demonstrated ability to bring people together to build large systems.
- You are familiar with Kubernetes best practices and understand what it takes to run services in production
- You consider yourself a T-shaped engineer or product manager.
- You have strong technical abilities and a track record of working through complex technical problems.
- You possess strong communication skills, with clear verbal communication as well as explicit and mindful written communication skills.
- You strive to empower others and build an inclusive team.
Bonus points if:
- You are passionate about scaling Enterprise software
- You have experience building and running services in the cloud
- You have deep experience with complex enterprise software applications.
- You are passionate about GitHub and the opportunities that lie ahead of us.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!