Staff Product Designer at Webflow
Staff Product Designer
San Francisco HQ or Remote
Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web. We believe that web development should be accessible to anyone who loves to create, not just those who can understand the complexities of code. Design plays a central role in our company, especially since many of our customers are designers. Our teams are focused on solving the most important customer needs while maintaining a high bar for quality, and each core product area has at least one product designer embedded as a key partner.
We’re looking for a Staff Product Designer to partner with product designers across areas to ensure the highest quality user experience for our customers. This person will shape the processes and tools that enable our product design team, as well as conceptualize and drive initiatives to elevate the impact of design across our entire organization.
About the role
- Location: San Francisco HQ or remote
- Full- or part-time? Full-time
As a Staff Product Designer, you’ll
- Formalize our design component library and establish criteria to govern its use, adoption, and evolution
- Leverage systems thinking to identify opportunities for improvements to process and collaboration that will elevate the product design team’s output and impact
- Be responsible for ensuring a cohesive user experience by identifying and mediating the impact of design decisions across the entire product ecosystem
- Partner with our brand design team to evolve the visual design of our product
- Act as a design evangelist across the organization to communicate and demonstrate the value of design within the product development process
- Create a range of deliverables, from written process documentation to high-fidelity UI
- Contribute to key projects within our Tools & Workflows product area, including Designer Experience, Core, and Accessibility.
You’ll thrive as a Staff Product Designer in this role if you:
- Enjoy fostering collaboration and building shared understanding and buy-in among stakeholders across an organization
- Thrive under the autonomy to conceptualize and manage your own initiatives
- Can break down large, complex problems into discrete projects
- Are eager to learn and expand your skillsets
- Are a strong communicator with experience creating written documentation
- Can navigate and quickly move forward within a scaling company building a complex tool
- Embody servant leadership and approach feedback with radical candor
- Have previous experience facilitating the adoption of visual design and/or patterns across multiple features or products
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that meeting just 50% of a role’s requirements puts you in the running.
At Webflow, we believe that our success will be defined not only by what we do but also by how and why we do it. So, here is the Webflow why and our how:
Our dual missions one for the world, one for us
- For the world: To empower everyone to create for the web and spark an unprecedented wave of digital innovation.
- For ourselves: Lead fulfilling, impactful lives.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- Start with customers
- Practice extraordinary kindness
- Be radically candid
- Move uncomfortably fast
- Just fix it
- Lead by serving others
- Dream big
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Lead Product Designer and a human being
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!