Staff Engineer at Wayfair
- Location: Remote, US
Who We Are
We are a small group of passionate engineers focused on scaling, supporting and improving the automation, scale, and efficiency of our marketing channels as a part of the larger AdTech group. Our goal is to build world class platforms for our marketing teams to publish advertisements at scale, while focusing on the user experience, platform stability, scalability and transparency as our core principles. The solutions that the team builds, help multiple marketing teams quickly build, preview and publish ads across multiple channels along social media, online video, direct mail catalog, mobile apps, display ads across multiple sites, etc.
What You’ll Do
- Design, Scope & Execute multiple complex initiatives.
- Take ownership to improve & maintain existing platforms.
- Design systems that are user centric, scalable and provide visibility into reporting.
- Be a multiplier, mentor other engineers on the team and help them become more productive
- Elevate engineering sophistication by bringing the latest and proven technologies while being nimble on executing quick proof of concepts.
- Work with Senior Leadership to provide your vision and expertise to drive future products, and new features on existing products.
- Support & guide the team on code reviews, best design practices & help in meeting regular deliverables at the sprint & roadmap level.
What You’ll Need
- 8+ years of experience as a Senior Software Engineer with experience in designing and building large scale platforms.
- Proficiency in programming languages like (Java/php/python etc.) with a deep understanding of different frameworks in Object Oriented Design and Data Structures.
- Working experience with platforms like Storm/Flink/Spark etc. on large datasets and high throughput/low-latency applications.
- Strong working knowledge of different SQL, NoSQL etc. datastores.
- Experience in defining standards and best practices around APIs/Restful services on different frameworks.
- Passion towards mentoring junior engineers, leading code review and design reviews.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills and Presentation skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with engineers, product managers and business stakeholders to create and execute a roadmap with consistent progress.
- Working knowledge of large scale Distributed Systems and Streaming Platforms.
- Experience with Cloud platforms would be a plus.
- Understanding and Exposure to advertising and/or marketing technologies would be a plus.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!