Staff Editor, Pets at LoveToKnow Media
Title: Staff Editor, Pets, LTK
- Location: Remote US/Canada
LovetoKnow.com helps people get advice, solve problems, and find information from authoritative experts. We have an immediate need for a staff editor on our Dogs, Cats, Small Pets, and Horses channels. If you have writing and editing credentials in this area, you may be the person we’re looking for!
This is a 100% remote, full-time writing position. The LoveToKnow team is global and growing we are currently spread across 14 time zones and three continents!
Standout candidates for our Pets Editor role can demonstrate both expertise in the area of pets, (through educational credentials and professional experience), and a well-rounded portfolio of published web content covering a variety of topics, styles, and subject matter.
LoveToKnow staff editors manage a team of writers, and are responsible for creating and editing content to ensure overall quality as well as adherence to our guidelines and best practices. Editors work closely with writers and the managing editor to make sure that LTK articles exceed our readers’ needs. Editors are also responsible for regular meetings and communication with writers and the managing editor, and performing other editorial tasks as assigned.
- Manage a team of writers on assigned topics
- Responsible for overall content quality on assigned channels/topics
- Research and suggest article ideas
- Add titles in the CMS for writers to claim
- Setting up and attending weekly 1:1 meetings with their teams
- Attend weekly meetings with the managing editor
- Edit submitted articles to ensure overall quality
- Flag published content for updates and/or rewrites as requested
- Communicate with team members in a timely manner to answer questions and provide feedback
- Monitor image requests, working with the image specialists to ensure image quality
- Other editorial projects as they come up
- Training new writers
- Attending team and company meetings
- Providing feedback, ideas, and suggestions for improving the reader experience, editing process, or any other aspect of the editorial process
- At least one year experience managing a team of writers
- Strong editing and writing skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to think like our audience and recognize quality content
- Great communication skills
- Ability to provide constructive criticism and revision requests to writers in a positive manner
- Flexibility to take on a variety of content channels, projects, and other tasks
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Basic understanding and knowledge of SEO best practices
- Understanding of images and how they enhance written content
- Experience editing a variety of content styles including (but not limited to) articles, image galleries, quizzes, polls, and recipes
- Experience writing and choosing content for newsletters
- Experience editing branded and sponsored content
- Experience reviewing video and other multi-media content
- Writing and editing social content and features
About LoveToKnow Media:
At LoveToKnow Media, we believe the good life is inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Our four distinct brands share a mission to make the world smarter. Unique in their content yet unified in their purpose, LoveToKnow, YourDictionary, WordFinder, and GolfLink compel expansive and engaged audiences of consumers who seek specialized subject matters. Spanning 14 time zones, we cultivate exceptional talent from around the world. A global perspective is what fuels our success and ability to be one of the largest and most well-rounded digital media portfolios in the world. As one global community, we work collaboratively across continents and cultures to create informative content that truly makes the world smarter. Our flexible approach emboldens our employees to work in the environments that play to their strengths, including fully remote roles and flexible in-person roles in the heart of Barcelona.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!