Staff Data Scientist at Classy
Staff Data Scientist
Classy, an affiliate of GoFundMe, is a Public Benefit Corporation and giving platform that enables nonprofits to connect supporters with the causes they care about. Classy’s platform provides powerful and intuitive fundraising tools to convert and retain donors. Since 2011, Classy has helped nonprofits mobilize and empower the world for good by helping them raise over $5 billion. Classy also hosts the Collaborative conference and the Classy Awards to spotlight the innovative work nonprofits are implementing around the globe. For more information, visit www.classy.org.
About the role:
Join us! The Classy team is searching for our next Staff Data Scientist to bolster our product analytics efforts and elevate our data science operations across the organization. You will collaborate with an accomplished team of individuals to drive impact for our users and our business.
What you’ll accomplish:
- Lead the design, analysis, and interpretation of projects from data requirement gathering to data processing, modeling, and recommendations for various departments across the company
- Drive A/B testing through the entire experimentation life cycle, including inception, creation, measurement, and recommendations.
- Develop dashboards and perform ad hoc analysis
- Collaborate with product leadership to develop and monitor KPIs and present emerging trends and actionable insights
- Act as technical leader on the team – identify and disseminate best practices across team in terms of tools, systems, and processes
- Partner cross-functionally to identify new analytical opportunities
- Collaborate with data and engineering teams to design scalable and future-proof instrumentation
- Contribute to ELT processes as needed
What you bring (Required):
- 7+ years of experience building data analytics and science projects
- Experience with a broad set of statistical and machine learning methods to solve and optimize critical business problems and metrics
- Expertise in formulating and driving multivariate and A/B testing
- Advanced experience using Python or R to perform statistical analysis, predictive analytics, and/or machine learning
- Deep experience with SQL for writing scalable data transformations
- Data visualization skills and experience with BI tools (Tableau/Looker)
- Able to organize, prioritize and assist with business requests with adequate scoping and stakeholder expectation setting
- Strong presentation skills, being able to author and present insights to the leadership team, and influence decision makers
- Knowledge of event tracking, database architecture, Machine Learning is a plus
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field is preferred (Mathematics, Physics, Economics, Engineering or related areas)
Why you’ll love it here:
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every month for a donation from the company
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is embedded in all processes and programs at GoFundMe. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
- Our commitment to Sustainability. Classy exists to create a sustainable world for all.
Dedication to Diversity
Classy is working toward building a more diverse and inclusive environment that is representative of individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves in a space that enables productivity and meaningful work.
The total annual salary for this full-time position is $135,000 – $180,000 + equity + benefits. As this is a remote position, the salary range was determined by role, level, and possible location across the US. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range based on your location during the hiring process.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete a job application or a job interview or to otherwise participate in the hiring process, please contact us at