Staff Accountant – Canada at eXp Realty
Title: Staff Accountant – Canada
- Location: Canada
eXp Realty is one of the fastest growing real estate brands with thousands of agents operating across Canada, the United States and around the world.
eXp Realty attracts the most talented people from all fields. Whether you’re a real estate professional, engineer, marketer, accountant or another field, you’ll be challenged and inspired every day. Join us on this incredible journey!
We all work remotely!
As a Staff Accountant, this position is responsible for developing and improving all processes associated with the company s general ledger and month close including proper channel and period recognition, accruals, and reporting in a timely and accurate manner.
This position will ensure timely and accurate recording of general ledger transactions and of month close procedures and work closely with the GL Team and other Finance/Accounting Departments to improve general ledger and month close related workflows for accounting transactions. This position will require a high degree of problem-solving and project management skills as well as the ability to lead process improvement initiatives in a growing start-up environment.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Maintain proper general ledger transaction recording and reconciliation.
- Assist in the automation of system workflows for general ledger transactions.
- Oversight of fixed asset recording, reconciliation schedules.
- Assume and improve prepaid schedules, including recording and expense recognition.
- Assist with Expense and Accrual analysis
- Assist with all audit requests as assigned
- Assist the Assistant Controller and Corporate Controller in monthly, quarterly, and annual closings.
- Ensure proper internal controls are being followed.
- Assist with Accounts Payable and Receivable
- BA/BS in accounting, economics, finance required
- CPA preferred
- 7+ years of GL Account Management in fast-growing or start-up companies.
- Experience in revenue accounting, strong GL accounting, and routine closings.
- Demonstrated process improvement skills.
- Real Estate industry preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skill set required
- Experience with using tier 1 and tier 2 accounting software packages
- Experience in account reconciliations, month-end, cash applications, and budgeting/forecasting
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!