Staff Accountant at Yelp
This position will be part of the Corporate Accounting Team within the Finance and Workplace organization of Yelp. This ambitious, fun and collaborative team takes care of the month-end accounting close for all of Yelp’s entities, including our international locations; then consolidating those results and communicating to stakeholders both internally and externally. What sets this team apart is the vast experience it has to offer, through exposure to key business partners as well as the wide array of financial topics covered. We connect all teams at Yelp to consistently deliver great execution and outstanding results.
This is a full-time role located in the United States.
Where You Come In:
- You will be responsible for the preparation of monthly accounting journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and other deliverables. Maintain processes for assigned areas of responsibility as part of our worldwide accounting close process.
- You will be responsible for accurate fixed assets accounting; maintain the fixed asset subledger within Oracle accounting system including asset additions, CIP capitalization, disposals, transfers, impairments, and depreciation. Ensure transactions are recorded in accordance with Yelp’s fixed assets policies and procedures.
- You will be responsible for other areas of accounting including prepaids, operating expense accruals, and accounts payable.
- You will work closely with IT and Workplace on Yelp’s capital expenditure transactions and address questions and requests from other business partners.
- You will perform financial statement analytics for assigned areas of responsibility and be able to communicate those explanations precisely as part of monthly fluctuation analyses with finance management.
- You will assist management with special assignments including research, analysis and documentation related to accounting treatment of proposed fixed asset transactions.
- You will assist in the preparation of external reporting documents, in particular 10-Q and 10-K filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), as well as other SEC filings, as required.
- You will ensure compliance with policies and procedures in accordance with SOX requirements and suggest any revisions to existing control narratives or additional controls that may be required within areas of responsibility.
- You will prepare and provide supporting documentation to auditors for both external financial reporting audits and Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) related requests and interact with and resolve auditor questions as they arise.
- You will assist with various projects, including new system implementations, and be able to suggest process improvements for key areas of responsibility.
What it Takes to Succeed
- You have a bachelor’s degree in accounting with 2+ years of experience working in accounting, preferably with Fixed Assets.
- You have strong knowledge of US GAAP as it relates to Fixed Assets (ASC 360)
- Public accounting experience including familiarity with the quarter-end and year-end close process is a plus.
- You display high attention to detail in all tasks and are able to produce well organized, high-quality deliverables.
- You have advanced Microsoft Excel and Word skills.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You have the ability to work on and prioritize multiple projects while continuing to meet goals and deadlines.
- You are team-oriented and have confidence in dealing with people at all organizational levels within Yelp.
- You have experience with the Oracle accounting system including its fixed asset module (this is an advantage, but not required).
What You’ll Get:
- Effective your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (100% paid employee only coverage)
- 15 days PTO (accrual begins on date of hire and increases with 2+ years of tenure thereafter), 7 paid wellness days, 12 paid holidays, plus one floating holiday
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Health Savings, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care accounts
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Compensation range is $54,000 – $90,000 annually. You may also be offered a bonus and benefits.
Finance & Workplace Organization Purpose & Principles:
- We connect all teams at Yelp to deliver consistently great execution and outstanding results
- We will realize our potential by:
- Ensuring a diverse, inclusive and welcoming place to work
- Providing each of us with the authority, autonomy and resources needed to be successful
- Partnering to accelerate decision making, deliver essential services, and protect the company
- Measuring our performance as well as holding ourselves accountable to our targets
- Operating with integrity and excellence in all that we do