Staff Accountant at RapidMiner
- Boston, Massachusetts, United States
- Full time
RapidMiner is reinventing enterprise AI (Artificial Intelligence) so that anyone has the power to positively shape the future. We’re doing this by enabling ‘data loving’ people of all skill levels, across the enterprise, to rapidly create and operate AI solutions to drive immediate business impact. We offer a single platform that unifies data prep, machine learning, and model operations. We also have been designated as leaders in our white-hot market by both Gartner and Forrester for over 7 years in a row.
More than 40,000 organizations in over 150 countries rely on RapidMiner to increase revenue, cut costs, and reduce risk. We are venture capital (VC) backed with a *work from anywhere policy, though our headquarters is in Boston (MA, USA) and we have locations in Dortmund (Germany), Budapest (Hungary), and London (UK).
Scope of Role:
As RapidMiner’s staff accountant, you will be an integral member of the Finance and Accounting team. You will work alongside team members and perform functions in accounting, financial planning, systems, and other operational areas. In addition, you will have the opportunity to work and liaison with international team members in our European offices. This is a hands-on role with an emphasis on performing duties that support the team and management allowing them to make financial, operational, and strategic decisions.
Ideal candidate should have a passion for continuous innovation and helping to support a collaborative work environment at RapidMiner. Self-motivated and works well with fast paced environments and balancing deadlines and priorities. This position has lots of opportunity for growth and training as well as a broad view of all GL activity across the company.
- Preparation of journal entries and reconciliations for monthly close
- Liaison with sales team members to invoice customers timely and accurately
- Help maintain revenue waterfall and ensure proper revenue recognition is applied
- Lead procure to pay process by entering bills and scheduling payment runs
- Assist in review of monthly expenses and perform budget to actual analysis
- Perform cash applications and assist with cash collections to help keep a healthy aging
- Prepare/run reports and schedules for the annual audit
- Assist with analyzing and updating schedules that detail annual recurring revenue
- FP&A Support via sales order review and bookings analysis
- Special project assistance
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in accounting, finance, or other related field
- ~2 years of accounting experience
- Proficient in a computerized environment: MS Excel, MS Word, e-mail, internet, etc.
- Advanced excel skills is a plus
- Must be self-motivated, able to prioritize, and multitask to meet daily deadlines
- Ability to be Hands-On with strong attention to detail and excellent communicator
- Additional skills: NetSuite experience a plus
RapidMiner offers highly competitive salaries, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities – all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
RapidMiner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
RapidMiner doesn’t accept unsolicited agency resumes and won’t pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn’t have a signed agreement with RapidMiner.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!