Staff Accountant at Kasa Living
Who We Are:
Kasa is building a global accommodations brand unlike any other. We took the best that hotels and short-term rentals had to offer and created a new class of hospitality that is well priced, trustworthy, and that offers a large selection of great locations. Our guests enjoy seamless check-ins, spacious apartments, and attractive amenities, helping them feel right at home. If anything comes up, our remote guest experience team is available 24/7, ensuring our hospitality is always felt, though rarely seen.
Behind the scenes, we build technology that combines with our innovative operations to grow a globally scalable offering that delivers high-quality stays. Our products and systems unlock unparalleled flexibility to operate anywhere from a few Kasa to a few hundred Kasas in any type of building, in just about any location. We currently have Kasas in over 17 states and are expanding into new markets all the time.
All of this is made possible by our team members, each of whom plays a critical role in fulfilling our vision and mission. We strive to foster a culture that values feedback, support, and collaboration throughout the organization. As a remote-first company, we work hard to bridge the gap of distance through initiatives that foster connection across Kasa. A few examples include lively All-Hands meetings, department get-togethers (online and in-person), and teamwide celebrations of important milestones. We offer benefits that encourage team members to stay at Kasa properties to experience our product firsthand and meet local team members when nearby. Guests are crucial to Kasa’s mission. Accordingly, every new Kasa team member gets trained in our Guest Experience Akademy during their onboarding.
Our team is fortunate to have diverse backgrounds, personalities, and experiences united by a commitment to excellence and passion for our industry. If Kasa’s vision and culture speak to you, and you’re up for the challenge of building a company on the cutting edge of real estate, we would love to have you on our team!
Kasa is searching for a Staff Accountant to join our cutting-edge Finance team. In this position, you will help build Kasa’s global brand by performing multiple duties related to the accounting functions of the organization within established deadlines.
In this role, you will report to the Senior Manager of Finance and work with different finance and accounting staff members as well as outsourced staff. In this position, you will play a critical role in building a market-leading, financial reporting organization to service Kasa’s rapid growth across multiple asset classes and geographies. It takes a dedicated person to succeed in this role and we hope you are excited by the challenge!
About the Team
Kasa is building an efficient and effective finance team to ensure best-in-class financial reporting and guest satisfaction. You will be joining a team with diverse backgrounds in hospitality, real estate, and private equity. The team focuses on building scalable processes by being resourceful and having a growth mindset. This remote role will be the seventh hire on the Finance team, allowing for significant upward mobility within a fast-growing organization.
Day in the life of a Kasa Staff Accountant
As is normal in the accounting world, each day will be different depending on the time within the reporting cycle. The main focus for the first two months will be reconciling our daily revenue against daily settlements. This task is instrumental to enable Kasa to accurately report revenue to all of our partners. You will be play a lead role in creating and implementing process improvements to increase the accuracy of reports.
Within a couple of months, your responsibilities will grow to include: preparing allocation tables for indirect expenses and revenue items, and updating our Fixed Asset ledger and calculating depreciation. During month-end, you will perform other ad-hoc financial duties – you are ready to wear multiple hats.
When you are not in the thick of financial reporting, your focus will be to work on strategic initiatives. Examples include helping the team to complete the reconciliation of tax filings against collected tax and assisting our Financial Reporting manager with meeting annual audit requirements.
Every other week you will participate in a company-wide meeting where we discuss the business. You will interact with leaders of all departments and share ideas to grow the business. Our culture is based on a remote work environment where we take pride in getting to know each other and what drives us.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance progressive GAAP experience required
- 2+ years of accounting experience
- Excellent attention to detail and strong time management skills
- You’re highly motivated and able to maintain efficiency while working independently
- You’re proactive by nature and can act decisively when needed
- You’re a team player who is committed to uplifting your coworkers and the company
- Prior experience with income audits / daily sales report within hotel accounting
- Advanced formula knowledge in Microsoft Excel (vlookup, hlookup, pivot tables)
- Working knowledge of Google Suite (Drive, Gmail, Sheets)
- You’ve worked in the hospitality industry at some point in your career, preferably working onsite as a full-time employee
- You have experience working remotely
- You are proficient in Netsuite
In one year, you will succeed at Kasa by having:
- Set up daily revenue reconciliation minimizing month end revenue adjustments.
- Worked with Sr. Manager of Finance to increase data accuracy and document bugs / issues within our automated systems
- Able to operate independently, with limited supervision.
- Understood the guest, property owner and operating team product challenges facing companies in the global accommodations space
- Remote Work: With flexibility as a core value, and over three-quarters of the team working remotely, Kasa employees are able to work from anywhere!
- Kasa Travel Credit: We love to travel! Kasa employees get an allowance of free stays with us in any of our locations, plus a 50% discount on any nights for friends and family
- Generous Stock Option Plan: We believe the success of our business should be shared with our team. As you grow with us, we increase the opportunities for you to become part-owners of our company.
- Flexible PTO: Full-time exempt Kasa employees are encouraged to take time off as they need and see fit, ensuring that it’s not disruptive to their work
- 401(k) plan: As you invest in yourself and your future, Kasa invests in you too: we match 50% of the first 4% of deferred salary.
- Competitive Salary: We offer base salaries at or above market rates plus additional earning opportunities based on the position
- Health Coverage: We’ve invested in comprehensive health insurance options to help when you need it most
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!