Staff Accountant at Everlywell
Staff Accountant (Remote)
AUSTIN, TX (REMOTE)
FINANCE – FINANCE
Everly Health is the leading digital health company at the forefront of the $300 billion dollar virtual diagnostics-driven care industry. Our mission is to improve the lives of millions with a fully integrated digital care platform for consumers and businesses. We continue to innovate in the space by delivering more care to more people on a seamless diagnostics-driven platform.
Everlywell, the consumer-initiated at-home laboratory testing brand within Everly Health, has helped over 1 million people manage their health and wellness with easy at-home tests, physician-reviewed results and actionable intelligence delivered digitally in days. You know your body best, and we believe information about the way your body works should be fully visible and available to you however and whenever you need it.
We are seeking a motivated Staff Accountant to play a vital role in the Company’s accounting function as we grow and scale the business.
Reporting to the Revenue Accounting Manager, you will be a key member of the accounting team and will work closely with the revenue accounting manager, senior accountants and other staff accountants. You will help the Company execute its vision by assisting in preparation of accurate monthly financial reporting and improving accounting processes.
We are in high growth, startup mode and need someone who is willing to get their hands dirty. If you are passionate about accounting and looking for an opportunity to learn, build, and grow, Everlywell is the place for you.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist in month-end close activities, including account reconciliations and booking journal entries
- Assist members of the team in improving processes, implementing controls and new systems where necessary
- Help build scalable accounting processes to support growth within the Everlywell organization
- Support, adhere to, and help establish strong internal control policies and procedures.
- Assist in cross-functional initiatives and communicate progress effectively
- Support various special projects and ad hoc tasks as necessary
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required (master’s degree a plus)
- 1-3 years accounting experience required
- CPA preferred
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Detail-oriented, self-starter who takes pride in the quality of your work
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Curious and always asking ‘why?’ and ‘how can we do this better?’
- Prior experience in a fast-paced environment a plus
You’ll Love Working Here:
- Venture-backed by top-tier firms
- The opportunity ahead knows no bounds
- Open vacation policy
- Employee discounts
- Paid parental leave
- Health benefits
NO EXTERNAL RECRUITERS – INDIVIDUAL APPLICANTS ONLY
Everly Health is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
HIPAA Disclaimer: This role will be in an environment that has access to protected health information (PHI) and all security standards to protect PHI must be followed.