Sr. UX Designer
TELECOMMUTE · United States
Defiant is a dynamic, fast-growing, and profitable company with loyal customers who love our products and services. We are the global leader in WordPress security, protecting over 2 million websites. Our WordPress plugin has been downloaded over 90 million times and has received an average rating of 4.8 stars from over 3,000 reviewers on WordPress.org.
Are you passionate about information security and interested in making the web safer? Are you looking for flexible hours working remotely? If so, this may be your dream job.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Development and other stakeholders to deliver web and software projects.
- Drive the creative direction and user experience for our products and websites, designing experiences that are simple, intuitive and elegant.
- Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, click-throughs, and prototypes.
- Incorporate customer feedback, research findings and technical constraints in design.
- Have a perspective on user experience research and help manage research and testing roadmap.
- Execute creative solutions to meet design needs for a wide variety of digital and print projects including: print and digital sales and marketing collateral, business cards, web page design, digital ads and more.
- Collaborate with Design, Marketing, Development and other stakeholders to deliver projects.
- Identify and work with vendors to deliver print projects that meet reasonable quality, cost and turnaround time requirements.
You’ll work with a team that is friendly, fast-moving, and highly capable with a sense of humor. Our team’s family time is important; we won’t typically require long hours when we can avoid it, which is almost always. Our entire team works remotely using Slack for casual interaction, so you can live practically anywhere in the World if you have an Internet connection. There’s no micromanagement here—we trust that you will see tasks through to completion and communicate with your fellow team members when needed or ask for help when needed.
At Defiant, ‘trust’ is the attribute we value most highly among our team members. We need to know that you can grab a task from a support ticketing system, communicate clearly with our customers, and see the task to completion with superb attention to detail.
- Comfortable working on a 100% remote team.
- An excellent communicator, both in writing and verbally.
- An outstanding teammate.
- Nimble, able to come up with creative solutions, and mature in your approach to solving challenging problems.
- Comfortable in designing various digital assets for websites, advertising channels, social channels, and more.
- Able to produce high-fidelity design comps and interaction specifications for hand off to development.
- Proficient working with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop at minimum), Adobe Acrobat and Google Docs.
- Able team worker: self-directed and able to collaborate easily, knowing when to ask for help and how to give and receive feedback.
- 8+ years of experience as a user experience designer or similar role.
- A proven portfolio covering both digital and print design.
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating user-centered design solutions.
- Ability to follow brand guidelines and use good judgement to produce digital and print content.
- Ability to quickly understand and grasp topics and concepts related to the web security industry.
- Strong verbal and written English skills.
- Effective time management.
- An enthusiastic “everything is possible” attitude. Ability to see opportunity when problems arise.
- A fast and reliable internet connection.