- Job locations-Remote
- Job ID: 2019-1942
- Category: Information Technology
GovernmentCIO is looking for a Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Tester to join our team. The candidate should have experience with the Veteran-Focused Integration Process (VIP) at the Veterans Affairs, a thorough understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and software development using agile methodologies (Scrum, SAFe) within large organizations. The candidate will also provide technical management, and consulting support functions within a fast-paced environment including Project Management Office (PMO) tasks. The candidate needs to be able to effectively collaborate with diverse teams and cross functional stakeholders in geographically disparate areas.
- Under SQA Test Lead direction, execute the test planning, assessment, development, and execution tasks associated with increment, sustainment, and break fix code releases for assigned areas.
- Identify and mitigate risks and advise DAS SQA Test Manager and Project Team about risks.
- Coordinate and communicate test script development activities with Requirements, Technical Leads, Project Management, DAS Integration Testing, Access Services Development, and Consuming Application staff.
- The candidate will recommend solutions to be used for planning, scheduling, and tracking testing activities by utilizing multiple project management and test tools which may include various tools including GitHub, JIRA, Jenkins, Rational Jazz, Rational Quality Manager, VA ProPath templates, MS Project, Primavera, Visio, and MS SharePoint.
- The candidate will adhere to quality management standards and procedures. Adhere to VIP processes and procedures.
- Possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Ensure requirements traceability to legally binding requirements
- Use Rational Jazz for Change, Configuration, Requirements and Test Case and Results management
- Assist development of test procedures, test cases (frontend, backend and integration), test plans, requirements traceability, schedules, and test reports
- Ensure compliance with test processes and procedures
- Maintain the SQA Test Artifacts in the Sharepoint
- Assist the test lead to coordinate, execute, document, and report on test activities required to support the release of Access Services functionality
- Coordinate, execute, document, and report on test activities required to support the integration of Access Services functionality with consuming applications
- Coordinate test preparation activities to include setting up the SQA test environment and data
- Review and execute contractor test plans and scripts
- Work with development teams and Project Managers to resolve test defects
- Estimate level of effort based upon tasks and responsibilities specific to tester functions
Education and Certification: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Management Information System, Systems Engineering or requisite years’ experience in this field.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred. 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- At least 10 years experience working in the Information Technology field with 3-5 years of software testing experience required
- Must be detail oriented and highly organized
- Must possess leadership skills and experience
- Must possess excellent interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must possess the ability to explain intricate and complicated concepts and ideas
- The SQA Tester must have at least 3-5 years of experience planning, implementing, and executing software testing processes; have experience with Rational Quality Manager, Rational Functional Tester, and Rational Performance Tester software and building test scripts. Have a clear understanding between functional and regression testing.
- The SQA Tester should also be well versed with automated testing as well as proficient in using automated testing tools and should have exposure to DevOps model.
- The candidate should be proficient in MS Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as Information Technology Testing tools.
- Proficiency in MS Visio and IBM Rational tool is desired.
- The candidate must also possess good communication, analytical, and writing skills.
- A proven ability to work in a team-oriented environment is also desired.
- Experience with running test cases that using tools such as SOAP UI.