SQA Test Manager
- Job Locations: US-Remote
- Job ID: 2019-1897
- # of Openings: 2
- Category: Information Technology
The SQA Test Manager, will execute the test planning, assessment, development, and execution tasks associated with increment, sustainment, and break fix code releases for assigned areas. Identify and mitigate risks and advise IAM Test Manager about risks. Coordinate and communicate test script development activities with Requirements, Technical Lead, Project Management, IAM Integration Testing, Access Services Development, Consuming Application staff. Recommend solutions to be used for planning, scheduling, and tracking testing activities by utilizing multiple project management and test tools which include Rational Jazz, Rational Quality Manager, VA ProPath templates, MS Project, Primavera, Visio, and Sharepoint. Adhere to quality management standards and procedures. Adhere to VIP processes and procedures. Possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Ensure requirements traceability to legally binding requirements
- Use Rational Jazz for Change, Configuration, Requirements and Test Case and Results management
- Develop test procedures, test cases (frontend, backend and integration), test plans, requirements traceability, schedules, and test reports
- Ensure compliance with test processes and procedures
- Maintain the SQA Test Library for Access Services
- Coordinate, execute, document, and report on test activities required to support the release of Access Services functionality
- Serve as primary point of contact with Business Stakeholders for SQA and User Acceptance testing
- Coordinate, execute, document, and report on test activities required to support the integration of Access Services functionality with consuming applications
- Coordinate test preparation activities to include setting up the SQA test environment and data
- Review and approve contractor test plans and scripts
- Work with development teams and Project Managers to resolve test defects
- Verify readiness of release through release review process;
- Estimate level of effort based upon tasks and responsibilities specific to tester functions
- Years Experience: 15 years total IT experience. The SQA Tester must have at least 8 years experience planning, implementing, and executing software testing processes; have experience with Rational Quality Manager, Rational Functional Tester, and Rational Performance Tester software and building test scripts. Have a clear understanding between functional and regression testing.
- Desired Skills: The candidate should be proficient in MS Office Word, Excel, and Powerpoint as well as Information Technology Testing tools. Proficiency in MS Visio and IBM Rational tool is desired. The candidate must also possess good communication, analytical, and writing skills. A proven ability to work in a team-oriented environment is also desired. Experience with running test cases using tools such as SOAP UI.
- Education and Certification: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Management Information System, Systems Engineering.