Splunk Engineer at Citrix
We believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our technology revolves around this core philosophy. We are relentlessly committed to helping people work and play from anywhere, on any device. Innovation, creativity and a passion for ever-improving performance drive our company and our people forward. We empower the original mobile device: YOU!
R18390 Splunk Engineer (Open)
Job Posting Title:
What we’re looking for:
You have a working knowledge of Splunk and the ability to write regular expressions. You work well with abstract instructions and are an analytical thinker. If working closely with Splunk excites you, this is the opportunity for you.
This position can be remote anywhere in the United States.
Responsible for the proactive identification of technical vulnerabilities and system misconfiguration via software, hardware, security assessments, and vulnerability testing. Further, these professionals have either software or network security testing specializations, or both. They possess the skills required to identify, analyze and reverse engineer attacks, and either implement or design specialized security testing procedures or protocols.
- Support large-scale deployments with data sources in the cloud and on-prem.
- Feel comfortable writing queries in the Splunk Query Language.
- Installing, configuring and administering Splunk Heavy and Universal Forwarders in various large distributed environments.
- Installing and configuring Splunk Apps and Add-ons across different Splunk instances.
- Administering Splunk knowledge objects.
- Building complex dashboards and data models.
- Creating roles and user authentication.
- Working with SAML (SSO) and LDAP authentication.
- Integrating events from non-traditional logging services.
- Working knowledge of Splunk.
- Ability to write regular expressions.
- Analytical thinker. Works well with abstract instruction.
- Works well in groups.
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment.
- Splunk Certified Power User and Administrator a plus.
- Scripting in Pearl and Powershell a plus.
- Knowledge of Configuration Management (for ex: Ansible, Puppet, Chef) a plus.
- BA/BS preferred in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent work experience
- Requires practical knowledge of job areas typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically requires a University Degree or equivalent experience and a minimum 2 years of prior relevant experience; or an advanced degree without experience.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!