Spanish Translator at Real Deal
This is a part time position with 20 – 30 hours a week
About the Job:
- The Real Deal is looking for a part time Spanish translator to join a rapidly growing media company focused on real estate journalism and headquartered in New York City. This position would be responsible for writing a daily newsletter.
- The ideal candidate should have the ability to cultivate sources and write clean copy on deadline. Experience in business journalism is a plus.
- The Spanish translator is responsible for the translation of materials into Spanish and/or English
- This role assists with the planning and coordination of day-to-day activities relating to the Spanish translation of our content and newsletter.
- Assists in scheduling, communicating, and executing translation priorities
- Translates materials into Spanish and/or English for use at all events, including website content, reports, written programs, newsletter.
- Reviews translated materials for accuracy and consistency.
- Ensure consistency and equality – review and comparative-edit Spanish translations against the English
- Develop documentation and style guides for Spanish
- Great organizational, attention to detail, communication, and writing skills
- Extensive knowledge of editing procedures and terminology; working knowledge of current typesetting and publishing practices
- Excellent copyediting and proofreading skills in both English and Spanish
- Fluency in English and Spanish required
- Bachelor’s degree in language study or relevant work experience
- At least 3 years’ experience working with translated texts
Compensation & Benefits:
- The hourly rate for this position is $22-$30 per hour. The salary offered within this range will depend upon qualifications and other operational considerations.
Who We Are:
The Real Deal is the largest real-estate news outlet in the US, reaching millions of professionals daily through our media channels. We have received 60+ awards for editorial excellence over the past six years, including the General Excellence award from the Society of Business Writers and Editors.
Quantcast rates us among the 300-most visited sites in the US and the website with the wealthiest audience and one of the most educated.
As a publication, The Real Deal is to real estate what Variety is to entertainment or what Politico is to Beltway politics – a plugged-in news outlet that is read by the entire industry.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We partner with our employees to support diversity and inclusion in the workplace and through higher education programs supporting rising journalists.