Spanish Teacher at Pearson
Spanish Teacher, 2020-2021 School Year
- Home-Based, USA
Pearson’s Online & Blended Learning K-12 group provides high-quality, highly accountable online education solutions to schools, school districts and students in grades K-12. It serves families and schools with a variety of digital learning and online school solutions including Connections Academy, International Connections Academy, and Pearson Connexus. In 2017, it will deliver online learning to over 400,000 students in the U.S. and 48 countries. The group is based in Columbia, Maryland and has been named a “Top Workplace” by the Baltimore Sun for three consecutive years and a “Best Place to Work” by Baltimore magazine. Recognized for its outstanding curriculum, high-quality teachers and leadership, Pearson Online & Blended Learning is committed to expanding quality education through technology, and helping students achieve both academic and personal success.
International Connections Academy is an accredited, online private school serving students in grades K–12 throughout the United States and abroad. Recognizing individualized instruction as the key to student academic and personal success, iNaCA’s highly trained, certified teachers offer instruction tailored to each student’s strengths and challenges using an award-winning computer-based curriculum, real-time instruction, and time-tested course materials from leading publishers.
This position is working with International Connections Academy. From your home office, certified iNaCA teachers will “virtually” integrate state-of-the-art instructional tools and curriculum to engage and instruct while individualizing lesson plans and instruction to each student’s needs. Through the use of the telephone, Internet and various curriculum tools they will consult regularly with learning coaches and students to ensure that each child successfully completes his/her instructional program.
This is a full-time position for the 2020-2021 school year with a projected start date of August 19, 2020.
The K-12 Spanish Teacher will be responsible for the successful completion of the following tasks:
- Complete all grading, create progress reports and conduct parent conferences in a timely manner;
- Support the instructional program with asynchronous web conferencing sessions and synchronous instruction;
- Review curriculum and devise alternate approaches to presenting lessons to increase student understanding (working directly with students and parents);
- Communicate with parents, students and other teachers on a regular basis to develop and update Personal Learning Plans and schedules, score assessments, provide feedback on student work, suggest instructional approaches and strategies, monitor completion of assignments and coach special projects;
- Work collaboratively with other teachers to ensure that all students are successfully progressing through the program, that parents have a central point of contact, and that tasks are distributed among the teachers;
- Develop a general knowledge of the entire program’s K-12 curriculum and a very detailed knowledge of the courses for which responsible;
- Support students and parents with alternate strategies and provide additional assistance with daily assignments and projects;
- Communicate regularly with parents, students, and curriculum specialists through use of computer and telephone;
- Keep student records and data up-to-date, including cumulative files, online student and family information, attendance accounting, and logging all student and parent contacts;
- Consult with other teachers and staff learning specialists to develop alternate enrichment activities and modifications to students’ programs to increase student understanding;
- Devise and implement virtual methods of creating and maintaining a “school community”; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Highly qualified and certified to teach Spanish grades K-12 in any state (appropriate to grade level responsibilities)
- Completed Advanced Placement training desired
- Previous online teaching experience is a plus
- Strong technology skills (especially with Microsoft OS and MS Office programs)
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Customer focused approach
- High degree of flexibility
- Demonstrated ability to work well in fast paced environment
- Team player track record
- Availability to work a consistent daily schedule Monday thru Friday; 8 hours daily during peak student hours per school requirements
- Ability to work some occasional evening hours, as needed to support some families
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!