Part-Time Summer Spanish Teacher, ALVS
Apex Learning Virtual School
- Remote, US
- United States
WHO WE ARE!
Founded in 1997, Apex Learning is the leading provider of online high school solutions for the nation’s schools and families. There is simply no substitute for a quality education. At Apex Learning Virtual School, we are committed to providing an online learning experience that meets the highest academic standards of excellence. Since 1999, more than 1,000,000 students have successfully completed our courses to earn credits, prepare for college, and become inspired to learn.
Apex Learning Virtual School is seeking part-time summer Spanish Instructors. ALVS teachers provide timely and responsive communication with students, mentors, and coaches to enhance understanding of expectations, and provide targeted instruction feedback. The teacher will use a variety of tools to communicate with students, including e-mail, periodic telephone calls, moderation of online class discussions, posting announcements via the learning environment and periodic synchronous online sessions.
- Current Spanish Teacher certification in at least 1 state required, with preference towards ability to obtain other state teaching certificates.
- Available to train late Spring 2019 and teach Summer 2019.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university.
- At least 4 years teaching in a classroom preferred.
- Knowledge and practical application of Spanish language learning pedagogy
- Ability to adhere to teaching obligations, including meeting deadlines, course schedules, and maintenance of teacher certification.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with students, parents and other professionals.
- Successful completion of subject endorsement area Praxis test
- Ability to apply for and/or hold multiple state teaching certifications.
- Experience teaching in online or blended environments a plus.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background check.
- Ability to pass a Social Security Administration E-Verify check for U.S. work authorization.
- Welcome students to course, communicate requirements, encourage participation, monitor student pacing and progress through course
- Facilitate a friendly, supportive online learning environment for ALVS (Apex Learning Virtual School) students.
- Provide relevant, helpful and friendly feedback on assignments within three business days of when the assignment was submitted
- Provides instructional resources to meet the needs of students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and special needs.
- Maintains an open line of communication with parents/guardians/school district mentors and personnel and seeks mentor and parental involvement when necessary.
- Maintains confidentiality of student information and maintain timely records of student performance.
- Respond to all student inquiries within one business day and turnaround of all assignments within three business days.
- Participate in departmental team meeting when appropriate
- Mentor and promote student academic progress and show an active interest in student achievement
This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the job and is not intended to be a comprehensive or exhaustive list of all possible duties and responsibilities. The particular job duties of this position may change based upon the needs of Apex Learning. Additional duties may be assigned at the discretion of the supervisor. Apex Learning reserves the right to amend and change the responsibilities to meet its operational needs.
Apex Learning is an equal opportunity employer. Our intent is to recruit, hire, train, and promote all persons in all job groups in accordance with law, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, national origin, sexual preference, or any other protected status.