Spanish Distance Learning Associate Language Instructor
EOE STATEMENT: Yorktown Systems Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. As part of the company’s equal employment opportunity policy, Yorktown Systems Group, Inc. will also take affirmative action as called for by applicable laws and Executive Orders to ensure that minority group individuals, females, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and qualified disabled persons are introduced into our workforce and considered for promotional opportunities.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: Yorktown Systems Group, Inc. is a committed team of dedicated former military and civilian professionals who believe in providing ethical and quality services to Government customers. Our leadership team is composed primarily of Veterans who are now serving in a corporate environment rather than in uniform. Our customer’s missions become our own and we are committed to working as a team to achieve success.
Because of the depth and experiences of our corporate leadership, we can assure all our customers that “we will do what we say we can do” and will focus on our customer’s missions rather than corporate goals. Our business model is based on a personal commitment from our leaders to maintain contact with our customers to continually and consistently gauge our performance.
Yorktown Systems Group was founded on the idea that providing quality and ethical services with a laser focus on our customer’s goals is an effective long-term business model. Our mission, therefore, is to help our customers meet their requirements and goals.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. This provision shall not apply to instances in which an employee who has access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of such employee’s essential job functions discloses the compensation of such other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to such information, unless such disclosure is in response to a formal complaint or charge, in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or is consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Spanish Distant Learning Associate Language Instructor will assist the 1st Special Forces Command which has an ongoing requirement for web-based, Distance Learning (DL) foreign Language, Regional Expertise, and Cultural (LREC) instruction and LREC program support services.
Specific duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Provide tailored and modular web-based language instruction to improve foreign language speaking and listening skills increasing ACTFL or Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI) scores by 1/2 a point or more.
- Provide web-based instruction in listening, reading, writing, and speaking skills, as well as regional and culture subjects, using modern communicative methodology.
- Develop learning materials, as required.
- Employ computer skills to organize data and teaching materials.
- Execute ad hoc tutoring sessions based on student requirements.
- Teach language curriculum based on designated POI in some cases.
- Possess the ability to teach on the spot upon contact with the student based on student interest and levels varying from ILR 0+ – 3, take attendance, make daily annotations of student’s learning and behavior progress or lack of, develop weekly progress reports.
- Review, correct, and grade daily homework, discuss and provide feedback to the student.
- Review, distribute, and grade assessments/quizzes if requested by the student when assigned.
- Maintain a positive and professional web-based learning environment, telephonic environment, chat message environment address student behavior/attendance concerns with site lead, and utilize designated materials mentioned in POI and other products approved by GOVT to support instruction.
- Collaborate with Site Lead, POI analyst, or Language Instructional Developer to address student and curriculum gaps.
- Experienced and knowledgeable in language and cultural education.
- Measurable past performance of improving students speaking and listening capabilities.
- Thorough understanding of customs and cultural components pertaining to the target language common to its region of predominate use.
- Native or near native language capability.
- Practice customs and culture common to the target language and its region of predominate use.
- Experience using online platforms, such as CL-150 or Blackboard
Travel: No travel required