Solutions Engineer at Exponent Partners
Location: U.S. Locations Only; 100% Remote
The Solution Engineer (SE) is a technical resource for the sales team and a resource that collaborates closely with the entire Business Development team including all the Account Executives (AE) to understand prospective client’s requirements, support in developing a solution and estimate. The role is responsible for developing and leading demonstrations that address technical requirements and manage objections in the sales cycle. The Solution Engineer will also work closely with the Professional Services team to ensure consistency in the solutions developed and ultimately delivered.
The Solution Engineer must leverage technical and/or sales skills, including the ability to solicit business requirements, develop a technical sales strategy, configure and effectively demonstrate the solutions that address these requirements and provide business value. The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in software sales or software consulting; able to work in a high-paced environment; and a creative problem solver.
What We’re Looking For:
- Self-motivated with a proven track record in software sales or software consulting.
- Experience supporting Sales/Business Development with sales including client presentations.
- 3+ years in Salesforce.com administration and/or Salesforce technical consulting
- Salesforce.com Admin certification required
- Consultant-level Salesforce.com certification required (or must be acquired in the first 90 days in this role)
- Additional certifications would be beneficial – Pardot, Community Cloud, Platform App Builder, Platform Developer.
- Obvious passion for technology and technical sales with deep experience with web technologies and APIs.
- History of working with nonprofit organizations.
- Ability to travel domestically at a minimum of 10-20% of the time.
- Experience working with, or leading, diverse teams.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Supporting the Business Development team by:
- Working closely with Account Executives in sales opportunities as the solution engineer.
- Coordinating with Professional Services, where required, to bring in the right expertise into the scoping process.
- Participating in sales discovery calls, documenting requirements, coordinating with other Professional Services Team as required, developing scoping guidance and SOW language in conjunction with the Account Executive.
- Articulating technology and product positioning to both business and technical buyers.
- Developing and delivering customized demonstrations.
- Maintaining Business Development demo environments, including:
- Ensuring the latest updates have been configured, updating or installing 3rd party applications as required, monitoring for license or trial instance renewals and training Business Development on any enhancements to the demo instances.
- Represent our solutions and capabilities at events such as webinars, conferences, seminars, etc.
- Participate in all appropriate product, sales, and procedural training and certification to acquire and maintain the knowledge necessary to be effective in the position.
- Travel between 10-20% per quarter.
What You Can Expect:
- Competitive pay and total compensation package, including commission, a 401(K) employer match, and participation in an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Excellent benefits, including employer-paid health coverage, and a generous vacation policy that grows over time.
- A fun and a collaborative environment full of high-caliber professionals.
- A flexible, remote work environment with zero commute time.
- Opportunities for innovation and tackling complex challenges.
Who We Are:
Exponent Partners is a passionate, mission-driven, organization that exclusively serves nonprofits. We strive to be a changemaker that drives positive, progressive change using the tools at our disposal; and to build an organization that is good for our employees and that reflects the kind of values that we want to see in our community and society. We aspire to an organizational culture that is equal, diverse, curious, growth-minded, innovative, results-focused, and progressive – just like the society that we wish to be part of!
Exponent Partners is committed to building a diverse team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills because we believe diversity drives innovation and impact.
Location: US Locations Only
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!