Solutions Architect (Cloud/API)
# of Openings:1
LTS is seeking a Solutions Architect with Cloud and API experience to support the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Health Portfolio.
The Health PMO support contract provides IT program management, project management, technical management, financial management, functional planning, and documentation analysis in support of the Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO) Enterprise Program Management Division (EPMD) Health Portfolio
The VA Health Portfolio is focused on development and execution of quality IT projects that address the needs of Veterans and health care providers through management of health care information and sustainment of production software to keep the mission going.
LTS is an acknowledged and award-winning multi-ISO/CMMI Level 3 appraised business focused on delivering first-class solutions to solve our clients’ business and technical challenges in providing quality healthcare and security to our nation.
LTS provides trusted consulting, and solutions in an increasingly complex and growing world. Our deep expertise in technology and analytics helps us serve a broad constituency of clients that range from cabinet-level departments of the U.S. Government to the largest Federal IT contractors in the world.
LTS is a leading information technology (IT) provider for mission critical systems leveraging the latest technologies to deliver cutting edge solutions from small mobile applications to large, complex enterprise applications. Our professionals specialize in multiple disciplines including program management, system integration, system design, system development, cybersecurity, infrastructure and data analytics.
LTS is committed to offering eligible employees comprehensive benefits that will provide them with options intended to meet their needs and the needs of their family.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyze and define objectives, scope, issues and organizational impact of systems, operations or activities while developing architectures for improvement
- Implement architecture to increase productivity, lower costs, streamline daily business activities and provide secure and stable IT support environment
- Communicate with staff or clients to understand project requirements, understand and address concerns of business line stakeholders, advising them on project costs, design concepts and changes
- Organize development teams while motivating, guiding and leading developers and managers toward project completion and providing technical guidance or support
- Collaborate with developers and engineers to select design solutions and ensure compatibility of applicable components
- Research and evaluate current or emerging technologies and critical approaches to architecture, then consider their costs, compatibility, portability, scalability or usability, as appropriate
- Ensure compliance to solution architectural design in the implementation of projects
- Provide architectural guidance to the project team
- Render consulting and technical support services on project implementation to the project team
- Explain technical issues and IT solution strategies to stakeholders and other IT professionals
- Keep accurate record of materials used, expected deliverables, and milestones achieved
- Ensure that solution milestones are accomplished at the right time
- Guide the activities of the solution architecture unit to ensure timely completion of projects
- Ensure that solution architecture (software and programs) designed are in sync with business needs and hardware
- Monitor the activities of external programmers or developers on IT solution projects
- Identify and mitigate existing business risk or risks associated with solution architecture.
- Verify and test the interoperability and security of solutions, monitoring the solution to detect potential problems and perform maintenance operations for any related software or hardware
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or other Engineering or Technical discipline is required.
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience
- Experience working with Cloud, i.e. AWS
- Experience working with APIs
- 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- Experience leading teams of developers and engineers
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Organizational skills and ability to solve complex problems
- Proficiency in performing system analysis and evaluation
Security Clearance Requirement
- An active Public Trust clearance issued from the Department of Veterans Affairs