Solutions Architect at Bishop Fox
Title: Solutions Architect
Location: U.S. Remote
Bishop Fox is largest private professional services firm focused on offensive security. We are the trusted advisors to the world’s leading businesses, governments, and organizations helping to secure their networks, data, and applications. Whether they’re looking to safeguard their critical infrastructure or credit cards; social media or mobile games; flight navigation systems or frozen waffle factories we’re right there, advising every bit of the way.
We are ramping up our business development efforts, and we need to bring aboard a Solutions Architect.
Some companies call this a Pre-sales Engineer or even a Technical Account Manager. No matter what term you use, though, the objective is the same: you are ensuring our clients receive the exact security solution they are looking for with us.
What You’ll Do
As a Bishop Fox solutions architect, you’ll be partnering with clients to determine the best course of action to understand and test their security from an attacker’s perspective. Our would-be clients don’t always know the best solution for their needs or may require more insight to make a final decision. That’s where you step in. You have a breadth of technical knowledge and the ability to discuss technical concepts at any level. You can explain and discuss complex ideas with executives, lawyers, and experienced security engineers. If need be, you could even chat about cybersecurity concepts with a shopping mall Santa.
Your communications skills and broad technical perspective will be crucial as you work with clients to define the scope of their project. Day in and day out, you’ll be gathering information, identifying risks, and creating a plan for their security testing.
You’ll spend much of your day researching; learning the client’s business, understanding their technology, and the security concerns that relate to it. Here’s where your ability to review software and understand IT architecture, APIs, network protocols and other attackable interfaces will come into play. You might look at a zero-trust network, a bleeding-edge web application, an IoT device, and a legacy SOAP service on an AS/400 all in the course of a day.
In short, you’ll work with Bishop Fox consulting services and our clients to answer the questions of why perform a penetration test and how to successfully accomplish it. You have an eye for the bigger picture; you see the details as well as how they add up. You will be an architect for the experience our new clients have with our organization (the largest offensive security firm in the world). What you do will reverberate throughout the rest of the engagement and clients’ relationships with Bishop Fox from then on out.
Why Bishop Fox
We believe that what we do makes an impact, and our culture reflects it in the best possible way. Every one of us plays a role in our success. We value our time and our well-being, we love what we do, and we look out for one another. Bishop Fox offers competitive salaries, flexible schedules, and a one-of-a-kind environment. For the right candidate, it will feel like a second home.
Your Education and Experience
In addition to the above, the following is a list of skills and traits that describe you. If you have most of these, we’d like to speak with you.
- 8+ years of IT, system administration, and/or software development experience as well as client-facing and/or customer service experience
- A broad understanding of IT infrastructure, Amazon Web Services and other cloud platforms, Linux, and modern web application/API architecture preferred
- Knowledge of embedded device software, firmware, and hardware design from a security perspective is highly desirable but not required.
- Ability to understand business needs and forces that drive technical and security decisions
- An innate desire to understand and communicate our clients’ needs to ensure we provide useful insight
- Uncanny attention to detail
- Research skills that a grad student would envy
- A strong sense of urgency you don’t let things slip
- Awareness of the latest technology trends
- Experience working in a consulting structure is a bonus